Issue #21: "The Final Exam"

While swinging around from high above was fun and gave him a sense of freedom, Wade also loved a good walk once in a while, and today was a good day for one as he headed for Momo's house. Today was the first day of studying for the finals and the study session was going to be at Momo's family home in the upper-class district of town.

Her home was far out away from most of civilization. Something that you'd expect from a rich family like hers. From what Wade learned, most Hero families lived like that if they weren't in the big cities. He wondered what most that live in these parts would think about him. Would they see him as some 'peasant' who has nothing to his name? Wearing only a Nirvana shirt and cargo pants, Wade didn't look as though he'd fit in with most of the upper-class and he didn't care if he did.

Looking down at the address, he realized that he was getting closer to Momo's home.

"Hey, Wade! Wait up!" He heard a familiar cheery voice behind him.

Wade stopped to look and saw Mina running over to him, wearing a purple tank-top and short shorts. "Hey, Mina," He said after she caught up to him. "How're you doing?"

"I'm doing great. You wanna walk to Yaomomo's place together?" She asked with that same smile that Wade admired. The two started walking together towards their intended destination. "You ready for today?"

"You betcha," Wade said with a smile. "I'm just trying to come up with something to help Momo with the physical exam."

"What did you have in mind?"

"I'm not really sure. The best that I can come up with is maybe sparring matches with her. Make her think on her feet and get her to think fast." Wade said, remembering how she lost in the Sports Festival.

"Yeah, she really got her butt kicked by Tokoyami." Mina said with her index finger touching her chin.

"I wouldn't say that. It's more like...yeah, she did." Wade admitted with a drop of sweat. "But I'm hoping this will be a confidence boost for Yao-momo. She really needs it after that fight."

"I'm sure you'll figure something out. You always do." Mina said with a smile. Wade smiled back at the third girl he had a crush on. Just her compliment was enough to make him blush a little. Something that Mina saw and liked to see. "Aw, look at you blushing. It's adorable."

Quickly turning away from her, Wade tried to think of something to talk about with her. Out of all the girls he had a crush on, he hardly talked to Mina alone. Wade wanted to learn more about her.

"Say, Mina. Can I ask you something?" He asked hesitantly and rubbed the back of his head.

"Sure! What do you want to know?" Mina asked with a smile.

"Well...what made you want to be a Hero?"

Mina looked at him with a confused look. "What?"

"Well, I mean what drives you to become one? Like, I want to be a Hero because I want to protect people in trouble." Wade explained. "Momo and Iida want to be heroes because they want to continue their family's legacy of being great Heroes. Ochaco wants to help out her family. We all have reasons for being here, so what about you? Why do you want to be a Hero?"

Looking up at the sky, Mina thought for a moment about her response. "I guess you could say I was kind of born to be a Hero." She said softly.

"What do you mean?" Wade asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Well, just look at me." She said, gesturing down to her athletically built body. "When you look at me, you think 'that girl is gonna be a Hero!'. That's what my old classmates thought when I was in middle school. People always thought I was going to be a hero because of my looks, my personality, and my Quirk. Heck, I was able to get some of the bullies and those they were picking on get along."