Issue #17: "The Internship"

It was the day before the students would be returning to U.A., and the talk of the town was still the Sports Festival. More specifically, the winner of the games, Wade Walker. After he had won first place, he immediately made the headlines on every mainstream news in the world. So many people were shocked at just how much power a First-Year student had at his fingertips. Some said that he even had the skills and power to take down a Pro Hero. The main highlights were his fights with Bakugo and Todoroki in the Semifinals and the Finals.

As for the Spider-Man himself, he was riding on a train. He was standing near the doors of the car he was in, with a hand on a metal pole and his other hand holding his phone. It was a rainy day, so Wade didn't want to go web-swinging. In the days after the Sports Festival ended, he recovered from his injuries by tomorrow, his normal classes were to start right back up again.

Opening his phone's screen, he got some notifications on some social media sites. Wade already knew that they were about the Sports Festival. Wade was quickly gaining popularity online. With him on a list for the hottest U.A. freshmen created by the females watching the live event. It made him flush that people thought he was hot and some of the comments were quite lewd. However, there was something else on his mind.

Iida had yet to text Wade back the past few days, even though the Spider-Man knew he had seen his messages. He was really getting worried about his friend's mental health after what happened during the Sports Festival.

After the Sports Festival, Iida's brother was all over the news. It turned out that he'd been attacked in Hosu City, Tokyo and it was looking like he was going to be beyond recovery. The person responsible had apparently killed 17 Heroes in the past, and hurt 23 so badly that they were beyond recovery.

This man was a scourge on the Pro Hero community. The elusive Hero Killer: Stain.

Wade sighed and started browsing through his phone. Trying to clear his head by remembering why he was trying to get into the city. Today was the day that Wade and Midnight planned to meet up. It was finally time to catch up on the lost time from when they last met. Too bad it was raining so badly.

A moment passed before he heard someone standing next to him on the packed train trying to get his attention. "Hey, you. Excuse me."

"Hm?" Wade turned his head to see a man looking curiously at him.

"You're Wade Walker from Class 1-A!" The man said, giving him a thumbs up.

Him being identified as the winner of the First Year's Sports Festival began a lot of commotion on the train. Wearing a yellow raincoat with the hood up would have made it difficult for people to tell who he was.

Wade pulled back the hood as the man continued. "Great job getting first place in the Sports Festival. I rooted for you!"

"Oh, thank you." Wade said with a smile.

"You almost got first place in every round. You really dominated the competition!"

"You were so cool!"

Everyone on the train started to surround the poor boy like he was some kind of celebrity. Everyone gave him congratulations and praised him for his powers and abilities. Luckily for the young man, his stop had just come, and he told the people that he had to get off. The civilians groaned in disappointment but they told Wade one last thing before he left.

"Do your best, Hero!"

Wade smiled and waved goodbye as he exited the train. "I will!"

As he turned towards the exit, Wade heard the ping of his phone before pulling it up and opening the screen. It was a text from Nemuri.