Issue #24: Vanguard Action Squad

It was the third night of the training camp, and everyone had the whole day to train and then eat their dinner afterward. Impressed with all the progress they made, the Pussycats had a special event going on tonight. They were going to be having the classes go up against each other in a test of courage. It was their way of 'rewarding' them.

"Alright! Now we've filled our bellies and washed the dishes! It's time for..." Pixie-Bob began.

"A TOTALLY AWESOME TEST OF COURAGE!" Mina yelled in joy, jumping up and down in excitement.

"We're gonna win!" Shouted the boys of the extra lesson group. As the training camp continued on, Kirishima, Mina, Kaminari, Sero, and Sato had to go through extra lessons that would go on until two in the morning and start back up at seven. That was also placed over their physical training. This was so they could overcome the many weaknesses Aizawa saw during the finals. Now they were free to have fun!

Or were they?

"Not so fast," Aizawa said, cutting in and ruining the group's good mood. "It pains me to say it, but the remedial class will be having lessons with me tonight instead."

Mina went completely white and shouted, "YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!" But it was no use trying to weasel her way out to spend time with her boyfriend and friends. Aizawa already had her and the boys wrapped up in his scarf.

"Also, your training during the day didn't impress me, so I'll be using this time, too." He said, pulling them down to the ground before dragging them off towards the classroom while everyone else looked at them with sympathy. Especially Wade, Momo, and Ochaco as they watched Mina being dragged away.

"Oh, give me a break!" Kaminari and Sero exclaimed.

"I just wanna prove my courage!" Added Sato and Kirishima.

Pulling up a map of the trail the class will be taking, Pixie Bob started explaining the rules. "Okay, so, Class B is going to start out as our 'scarers.' When they're in place, Class A will leave in pairs every three minutes. There are tags with your names on them at the far end of the route. Your goal is to collect those."

"Revelry in the dark," Tokoyami said, which creeped out Ochaco, who was standing next to him.

"Is it me, or has he been saying that all day?" She whispered to Wade.

"Yeah," He said, looking at his bird-head friend with concern. "I wonder what's up with him."

"Now, those who are scarers aren't allowed to make physical contact. Use your Quirks to terrify the others." Pixie Bob further explained.

"The winners are the creative students who make the most people shit their pants!" Tiger exclaimed.

"Dude!" Wade exclaimed.

"We don't need that visual in our heads!" Jiro added with a disturbed look.

Iida, on the other hand, said, "I see. They're encouraging us to stoke our imaginations as we compete with each other, all while having us use our Quirks in the process. As expected of UA!"

Momo and Wade sweatdropped. "He certainly knows how to see a situation in another light, doesn't he?" Commented the busty girl.

"It's a legitimate superpower," Wade said jokingly.

Pixie Bob grabbed a handful of paper slips and held them up. "All right, everyone. Draw to see who your partner will be!"

Team 1: Tokoyami and Shoji

Team 2: Bakugo and Todoroki

Team 3: Jido and Hagakure

Team 4: Momo and Aoyama