Issue #30: The Big Three

AN: I'm cowboyalchemist on Discord. Come on over if you want to chat and talk about ideas. If you want an invite to join my discord server, you only have to ask me.

The campus of UA was a relatively peaceful place during the night. The kids were asleep, the school was locked down, and security bots were patrolling the grounds, making sure that all was well and that there were no disturbances. Disturbances like, say, a pair of superpowered boys duking it out in one of the mock cities.

And that was precisely what was happening.

Wade landed on the ground, gritting his teeth and glaring up at the air, and jumped away again. Getting out of the way before Bakugo came down and destroyed the ground with a massive explosion.

"Bakugo, we don't have to do this!" Wade yelled, flying through the air before landing on the ground a few feet away. Panting for a moment, he held up his hands. He might have been willing to fight Bakugo, but he still tried to rationalize with the bully. "How is this the best way to work things out, huh? We're gonna be in serious trouble for wrecking Ground Beta! We could have talked about this during one of our free periods. Hell, even reserved a training room! There's no reason it has to be right now!"

Gritting his teeth, Bakugo stood back up as the smoke around him dwindled. "If we fight for real at school, we'll be stopped," he said, looking at Wade with another soft look that had the young man pause for a moment. "I wanna know what made All Might give his power to a loser like you. Let me see for myself. Is it because you've secretly looked up to him more than I did? If that's the case, does it mean everything I've done to be like him was wrong?"

"What? No! Dammit, Bakugo. This has nothing to do with admiring All Might or stuff like that!" Wade exclaimed.

"Then, was it your power?"

"No! I...It wasn't any of it!" Wade exclaimed, still trying to reason with the explosive young man.

"Then what was it!?" Bakugo roared, blasting off towards Wade.

"Katsuki!" Wade yelled, his senses alerting him again.

Time seemed to slow down as Wade saw Bakugo's right arm raise and start to swing down in a right hook. However, the Spider's instincts told him not to trust that right hook. That's how he got him the last time, and Bakugo would remember that.

But then, Bakugo's right hand started letting off sparks, and Wade gasped. It wasn't a feint; it was the real deal!

Wade fired a burst of webbing at Bakugo's face, blinding him. However, it did little to stop him from trying to blast Wade. Forcing Spider-Man to jump out of the way before Bakugo set off the explosion.

Grunting in pain, Wade looked down and saw that Bakugo's blast hit him. However, it did little to slow him down.

Landing on the ground, Wade saw Bakugo flying at him again. "Stop trying to talk and fight me!"

Wade glared at Bakugo and activated Battle Focus. "Alright, then, no more talking," he said before shooting towards his rival.

The two boys were within a foot away from one another before Bakugo tried blasting him again with his left arm. However, Wade, in mid-air, ducked down and grabbed onto Bakugo's back. Throwing both of their momentum off. As they spun around in the air, Wade crawled behind Bakugo and charged a Venom Blast into his right hand. However, upon seeing this, Bakugo gritted his teeth, held out both arms in front of him, and fired a full blast. This sent the two boys across the air until they smashed through the windows of a building.