Issue #31: Sir Nighteye

AN: I'm cowboyalchemist on Discord. Come on over if you want to chat and talk about ideas. If you want an invite to join my discord server, you only have to ask me.

It took a while for us to get to this point, but we're finally entering the second act of MHA, Rise of Villains. And to be honest, I'm excited because now that Wade has the Provisional Hero License, I'm able to do more original arcs to replace the duller ones and ones that don't focus on Wade. But first, we got to get into one of the best arcs of the series, the Overhaul Arc.

Let's do things differently. The story's the same, yet things have changed.

His name is Wade Walker, and not only was he bitten by a radioactive spider, but he's become All Might's one and only successor. There are many Spider-People like him out there in the multiverse, just like there are so many holders of One-for-All. But there's no one like Wade, being a vessel for both great powers.

He didn't always have it easy, but Wade has proven himself a Hero. He proved it when he saved Ochaco from the 0-Pointer and when he saved his friends and teacher during the League of Villains attack. He saved Todoroki and Iida from the darkness of their souls and helped them find the resolve to become better heroes that they wanted to be. The might of his body and his spirit had been put to the test when Wade was kidnapped and fought his brainwashed father. Time and time again, Wade had shown the hero he was destined to be. Proving himself over and over again, even when the future seemed bleak.

And now, Wade was stepping into a new chapter of his life. The young hero would need all of his power, skills, and convictions to combat new, more dangerous threats in a violently changing world. His mind would expand, his body would be broken, and his heart would be put to the test, just like before.

He's proven himself a hero. Now, let's see if he can live up to his Hero namesake.

He must now prove himself as All Might's successor to the world.

By showing the world what Spider-Man can do.

"The hero work studies are a more serious version of your internships," Aizawa told the class. "They entail helping Pro agencies on the streets and with investigations. Your teachers and the principal discussed them at the faculty meeting, and we all agreed."

Wade waited with anticipation. This was it. He and his friends were going to go out into the world and become sidekicks.

"It's way too soon," Aizawa said, dashing away all hopes. "They should really be canceled."

Wade made a stupefied face. "What? ARE YOU JOKE!?" He yelled with glaring white eyes and sharp teeth. And it wasn't just him that felt cheated.

"But we already met about them!" Kirishima protested as well.

Kaminari was playing with Ojiro's tail when he said, "I guess, when you think about why we had to move into the dorms, it does make sense."

Bakugo, with a triumphant grin, slammed his hands on the table and stood up. "HA, HA!"

Hagakure, who sat in front of him, sighed. "Of course you're happy."

Getting back on topic, Aizawa continued. "But...some people think we wouldn't be able to raise strong heroes with that sort of protective outlook. And with that in mind, the compromise is to be selective about the participating agencies. So, choose one with a proven track record. Otherwise, you won't be taking part."