[ 57 ]

CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
- KARMA -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

"

Sunghoon, talk to me!"

"Stop it!" Sunghoon shouted and smacked Jiwoo's arm away, who was trying to make contact with him after arguing. "Leave me alone for a moment. I need time to myself."

Jiwoo slammed her fist against the wall. "I told you I didn't mean it that way! I know I screwed up and it's all my fault. Please Sunghoon. You need to learn to forgive me. We are engaged-"

"Forget it," Sunghoon interrupted Jiwoo. He stepped toward her, grabbed her hand roughly and pulled the wedding ring off her finger. With all the anger he had, he threw the ring across the room, against the window, causing a crack.

Startled, Jiwoo's mouth fell wide open as she watched the flying ring finally clatter to the floor.

"Maybe we're not engaged anymore," Sunghoon continued. "I'm going to cancel the wedding."

"No..." Jiwoo said with tears in her eyes. She slowly shook her head and her lips pursed. "No, please no."

Sunghoon had to hold back his tears with all his might. He wanted so much to marry her and grow old with her, but she had already flattered him several times to show such an attitude toward him. He is done with being treated like that.

Karma.

He thinks...

"Sunghoon please," Jiwoo crashed to her knees in grief and burst into tears. A river flowed down her pale cheeks that had previously been so colored from shock.

"Just now you wondered why we were engaged? And now you regret throwing away the ring?" Sunghoon scoffed and shook his head disappointedly. "You're a feisty one."

Jiwoo her whole body no longer cooperated. She fell forward to the ground and felt no body parts that could work anymore. Her muscles were pretty much weakened. The only thing that still worked were her tear ducts.

"I'm leaving," Sunghoon said and walked out of the room.

Jiwoo screamed everything out. "No no no no no no, please stay here!"

"I said, I'm leaving!" Sunghoon yelled back and slammed the door shut behind him violently.

Everything he would have given for her, he felt she didn't have it in return for him.

And now the whole relationship is fucked up.

With all effort, Jiwoo crawled toward the ring. She picked it up and took a good look at it.

A dent...

There was a dent in the ring....

She tried to get the ring on her finger, but it didn't fit anymore.

Jiwoo's heart began to sting and her breath sounded more and more oppressive. She became dizzy and lightheaded. Before she realized it herself, she dropped the ring and her head was on the floor. Her eyes closed. No one noticed. No one who realized Jiwoo had fallen down.