Together- Karlnap 😊

CW: happy family, brief fighting, tired writing (I started writing at 3:30am)

Plot: Karl and Sapnap recount the story of how they fell in love to their son, Ajax, as a bedtime story. (It's just the story of Sapphire and Ruby)

~
Karl's POV.

"Tell me again! Tell me again!" Ajax calls out from where he sits in his plush bed.

"But we've already told it to you a million times, kiddo, at this point you know it better than we do," Sapnap, my husband, points out to our child from beside me.

"I don't care! I wanna hear it again!" The young boy drawls out. "Please?"

"Okay, okay, one more time and then you go to sleep, deal?" I ask, with a small giggle at my son's excitement.

"Deal! Deal! Deal!" He calls out excitedly.

I begin to tell the story. "Okay, okay, it all started..."

~

As I walk through the marble lined halls, my footsteps echo, followed by three other crystals. The three small red men follow around me, their faces serious as we approach the area where Blue Diamond's throne is.

I walk into the curtained room, my guards stopping right outside within ear shot. I see a large blue woman sitting on a throne. "Sapphire, you have arrived," she says with a grateful smile.

"I prefer Karl, but yes, I am here," I respond, bending down into a small bow making my light blue suit crease slightly. My hair falling off of my eyes for a brief moment before I rise again and it rests against my forehead. "I understand you have brought me here to help aid in the destruction of the resistance?"

"That is correct," she tells me, bowing her head in a small nod. "And what do you have of them?"

"They will attack before sundown, there will be three crystals that will be attacked and fail to protect themselves, but they will be with held by your sentinels before they can hurt anyone else," I tell her, the brief images flashing across my mind.

"Splendid," she says with a wicked smile. "That will be all," she says waving a hand to dismiss me.

I how once more and leave the curtained room. "I'll punch the rebels before they can do anything!" I hear one of my Ruby guards say as I exit.

"I'll do even better! I'll knock them out before they can even set foot here!" Another responds as we begin to walk towards the exit.

"No, no, because I'll do even better than you and I'll kill them before they even come near this place," the last says, standing in front of me and the others before we can walk through the door. "And of course I'll protect the lovely Safire," he tells me proudly, making me roll my eyes.

I get a flash of one of the rubies falling into me so I hold my stance, spreading my legs slightly so I don't fall from the force.

One of the other rubies push the boy that just spoke and they stumble into me. "I'm so sorry," he says apologetically, pushing himself away from me.

"It is alright, I knew it would happen," I tell him before I start to walk again.

As we begin to walk again there's a loud bang as two figures drop from the roof. Right on time. The golden hues of the sun casting their shadows across the room as the white floor turns a warm yellow.

The taller of the two runs straight towards of my guards, who have now fuse. Quickly defeating them, the green of their blade reflecting the setting sunlight.

He quickly targets one of the rubies that have defused closest to him. The poor thing standing no chance as they're still dazed after being forcefully defused.