Butterflies- Dreamnotfound 😊

CW:

Plot: George goes to the gym with Dream to get some pointers on how to work out and they run into his ex. George decided it's a great idea to try to use Dream to make his ex jealous. Genius, right?

~
Third Person POV.

"Wait, so what do you want me to do?" George asks, looking at the weights sitting idly on the floor in front of him.

"Squat with one of these in each hand," Dream explains, picking up significantly bigger dumbells and demonstrating. The taller man's hands grip the weights with ease, forearms flexing softly as he lifts himself up. "See? Can you do that?"

"Yeah, sure," George says, still a little confused.

He copies the younger's actions and begins to squat down when he notices someone talking to his ex-boyfriend. The sight sets him slightly off balance before a firm hand grips his shoulder. "You okay?" Dream asks, eyebrows furrowed in worry.

"Yeah," George breathes out, gesturing to the painfully familiar figure. "Just Jason is over there,"

"Oh," Dream says, a look of recognition across his face. "Do you want to move?"

"No, no," George shakes his head. "It's fine,"

"You sure? I don't mind," Dream insists. "We can do whatever you want,"

"Can you...Could you stand in front of me so i can't see him?" George asks, looking up at Dream through his eye lashes. The sight knocking the breath from Dream's lungs.

"Yeah, yeah, of course," Dream says, forever a constant comfort within George's life, before moving in front of George. Possibly too close to be considered normal, but neither changes their positioning.

George begins to squat again, lifting himself up again and realising just how close the two are standing. "Sorry," George mumbles after he nearly knocks Dream's chin with his forehead.

"It's okay," Dream assures softly as a giggle is heard from the pair behind him. George rolls his eyes. "Are you sure you don't want to move?"

"Certain," George tells him, sounding determined as an evil thought entires his mind. "I have an idea on how you can help though,"

"Yeah, how?" Dream asks looking down at the smaller boy, making George's face warm.

"He was always jealous of you when we were together," George tells Dream. "Help me make him jealous,"

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Dream asks, seemingly taken aback from the new information of Jason's feelings towards him.

"Absolutely," George says with a shrug as he puts the weights down. "Just like, grab me by the waist or something,"

"Oh come on," Dream says rolling his eyes as he follows George to the place where the weights are kept, grabbing the man by the waist and turning him. "You really think something so small would make him jealous? I already did that platonically while you were dating. If you want a real reaction, you've got to let me do more,"

Dream's loser voice rumbles in George's chest as he looks up at the other with wide eyes. A fluttering feeling in his stomach, something akin to...butterflies?— no absolutely not. He doesn't like Dream like that. "Just do whatever you think will make him the most jealous, idiot," George tells him, rolling his eyes as he wraps his arms around the others neck. Peeking over his shoulder to see if Jason was looking. He wasn't. Yet.

"So I have your permission to do anything?" Dream asks with a raised eyebrow. "To make him jealous of course," he adds quickly.

"Of course," George scoffs. "Yeah, you can do whatever,"