Drenched- Dreamnotfound 😊

CW:

Plot: After Karl and Sapnap's wedding, George and Dream are hanging out outside when they realise that Dream has lost the necklace that his mother had given him before he had moved.

~
Third Person  POV.

"I don't get how they have the energy to go to the club after that," Dream comments, standing up from where he was laying down on the grass next to George. The two boys had left the party after their two friends left for their honeymoon. Opting for laying out on the grass and looking at the stars messing around with one another.

As Dream stands up George notices a small flicker of a reflection or something, but brushes it off, believing it to be nothing more than the reflection of a car's light on the shimmering water. They stand next to one another watching as some of his friends make their way toward their cars as others others drive away. "The reception was enough for me,"

"Honestly, I have no clue how they do it," George says with a giggle.

The two men look out at the still water, the reflection of the full moon and fairy lights scattered across the barely rippling lake. "This really is a beautiful place, isn't it?" George asks.

"It really is," Dream comments, undoing the bow tie that is tight around his neck. "If I ever got married, I think I would get married here as well. In winter though, not autumn,"

"Really?" George asks, sounding slightly surprised. "I thought you preferred summer,"

"I do, but image this place covered in pristine snow and the lake covered in a thin layer of ice as my partner walks down the isle," Dream explains, a who stuck tone in his voice. "And like, rainbow fairy lights maybe instead of gold ones so that the contrast is more significant, and just...I think it would be beautiful,"

"Now I can see why Sapnap and Karl came to you for their wedding venue design," George says after a beat of silence, blinking.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Dream asks, offended but still laughing.

"You Just seem so passionate about this stuff," George comments, with a shrug. "And your face lights up whenever you talk about it and your eyes grow bright and just...yeah,"

"I guess, yeah, just something I enjoy on the side," Dream agrees. "Y'know, when streaming and stuff gets boring,"

"Yeah?" George asks, trying to get Dream to continue talking.

"Yeah, it's just a passion I've kinda always had," Dream says, reaching in to the gap between his collar to absentmindedly play with his mother's necklace as he usually does while talking. "Even when I was younger I would get really into like dances and stu— it's gone,"

"What?" George asks, suddenly caught off guard from Dream not talking.

"It's gone," Dream says again, sounding more panicked than before. "George, it's gone,"

"Hey, hey, what's gone? Tell me what's gone so I can look for it," George tells Dream, grabbing the older's shoulders and making Dream face him. "Take a deep breath, and try to talk for me,"

"The..." Dream starts, but stops to gulp down a breath. "The necklace, my mother's necklace. It's gone,"

"Oh no," George says quietly, remembering how important the necklace is to his friend. "Come on, we'll look inside the reception area and work this out. We will find it,"

The necklace is a gift that he got from his mother when he was younger, the younger always wore the necklace and George can't remember a single time he's seen him without it. He can't remember the exact reason that Dream got the necklace, but after Dream moved away from his family, Dream has seemed to grown more attached to the piece of jewellery.