Bee Stings and Tension- Dreamnotfound 😊

CW:

Plot: Fundy Davidson has been selected as the diamond of the season and his older brother George Davidson will allow nothing but the best for him. Much to his dismay, the lord that is most actively courting his brother is the very same lord he has despised since the day he met him. When that same lord invites George and his brother to his estate early in the summer, tension grows between the two and Fundy attempts to ease their passionate...hatred for one another. (Basically just Bridgerton season 2 episode 3/4)

(A/N: instead of just doing guys and girls for the partnerships, I've kinda written it that scholars and gentlemen are like the main coupling)

~
Third Person POV.

A still, contemplative silence wraps around George like a blanket as he sits on the large window seat. The chill morning few still settling over the grass of the garden as he gentle massages the bee sting.

"My lord," George says calmly, nodding his head at the much taller man walking towards him.

"Mister Davidson," Dream greets, returning the nod. "Is your brother..?"

"He is in his room," George finished for the man, an odd tension on the lord's face. "Not feeling his best this morning, it seems," George comforts, attempting to assure the lord that it is not his fault.

"I did not mean to disappoint him last night when I did not declare myself," Dream admits. "And I'd like to thank you for not—"

"He...He will not be disappointed for long, I hope," George cuts the lord off, not wanting to be thanked for, what feels like, lying to his brother.

"Assure him, I still intend to propose," Dream says, clearing his throat. "Last night was a lark, at best. My brothers were up to no good, and with everyone sitting there, staring back at me, well... my feelings would not allow me to speak,"

"Oh, so your feelings are too strong for you now?" George pokes, referring to the words he had heard at the ball where they first met. A strong need to prove the Viscount a liar or at least wrong, over taking him. To prove he is good.

For his brother, of course.

"Mister Davidson—"

"No. No. All you are doing, my lord, is toying with the emotions of an impressionable young boy," George cuts him off, not wanting to hear his petting excuses.

The Viscount's face twists into something sour. "Mister Fundy seems perfectly capable of forming his own impressions. If you took notice—"

"So now you claim to know my brother better than me?" George spits.

"I know he wishes to be happy. This is precisely what I wish for him," Dream insists, his eyebrows furrowed in frustration as he steps forward.

"I can assure you, happiness is not your strength," George chuckles joylessly. "Exasperation, perhaps. Fixation, most definitely. The only feeling you are, in fact, capable of engendering, my lord—" he spits the title."—is that of discontent,"

A small buzzing fills the air before Dream can fully open his mouth to retort the scholar's claim. The Viscounts face dropping any show of disgust and filling promptly with fear. Pure, pale faced, fear.

"Do not move," Dream commands George quickly, the smaller man giving him a look of disgusting at the command and stepping back. "Stand still, damn it!" Dream firmly grips George's arms, holding him still.

"Do not tell me what to do!" George spits as he fights the lord's grip. A small bee flying past the man's face before landing on George's chest.

"No! Do not! Leave it!" Dream shouts as George attempts to brush the bug off, his breathing growing heavy.