Chapter- 2 Dinner with Friends

🌊

Kenma felt conflicted.

Since Kuroo had stolen his switch so that he'd eat dinner, Kenma had begun watching everyone around him to pass the time, and he had seen the way Hoshiumi was pulling in on himself. It was a bit surprising how quiet Hoshiumi had become, for Kenma assumed that he was nothing but a ball of pure arrogance that yelled considerably more than he talked. Kenma, never one to jump to conclusions without well-founded evidence, sat back and continued to observe the anomaly of a man sitting across from him, for he was curious about something...

Hoshiumi didn't like people. He didn't trust them, he didn't like how carelessly they crossed all his boundaries, and he didn't enjoy spending time with most people. Despite all of these factors of his personality, he was not dumb.

As he looked up from the plate of food he was poking at, he knew Kenma was watching him, but he was too in his own head to actually care much. However despite being aware of the other man's gaze, he was still shocked when Kenma asked in between Bokuto's loud theatrically told stories, "are you alright?"

Hoshiumi grunted, "I'm fine."

Kenma knew he could let it go, but he didn't like to be lied to, so he pressed, "Are you sure?"

Hoshiumi raised a white brow and challenged, "do I look like I'm unsure?"

Kenma glared at him, and Hoshiumi matched his heated gaze. Electricity sizzled across the table until Kuroo butted in with, "Ya know Hoshiumi, you're not an ugly dude. Your personality is ass, but you're not hideous."

Hoshiumi tore his eyes from Kenma and glared at the tall shit starter and shouted, "HEUHH!?What does that have to do with anything!?"

"That was super random Testurou," Luna laughed now that she and her baby were nice and full.

Kuroo pointed his chopsticks between Hoshiumi and the bar. "It's really not! I've been sitting here watching this chick check him out all night."

Like literal fucking safari animals, the entire table of professional athletes turned to see who Kuroo was talking about.

Hoshiumi looked at the numerous women at the bar. "Which one?"

"Yeah which one because I only see like 12 that I'd smash."

"You're such a whore," Hoshiumi sneered at his setter.

Atsumu Miya shrugged uncaringly. "I like sex, sue me!"

"I'm going to sue you if you make my job any harder 'Tsumu! Keep it in your damn pants for one night," Luna snapped. "Representing you and all the new players isn't easy, and I don't know a lot of the new guys well enough to stop them from doing stupid stuff before they do it, but I do know your ass so SIT THE FUCK DOWN!"

Atsumu immediately plopped back down in his seat next to Sakusa and began to pout. His wing spiker pushed his water toward him with a finger, and Atsumu frowned, "at least Omi-Omi loves me."

"No. You're just more annoying when you're hungover, so drink," Sakusa lied as his dark eyes creased in annoyance at the thought of Atsumu going to flirt with anyone.

Atsumu snatched up the glass and muttered to himself angrily about something or another.

Since none of the ladies caught his eye, Hoshiumi turned back to the table. He cocked his head up so that he was side-eyeing Luna. "I'm new, at least to you. Are you saying you're going to try and manage me?"

Luna drummed her nails on the table in an unhappy rhythm. "Hoshiumi, don't be difficult. You see who I have to put up with," she waved to Atsumu, who was crunching his ice cubes obnoxiously loudly.