Chapter- 4 Goodbye Again

🌊

Hoshiumi hadn't yelled that loud in a long time, so his throat was a bit dry as he remained frozen in the spot he had seen the beautiful ghost of his past.

"Umm Hoshiumi, you-you good?" Bokuto asked worriedly for his friend.

When he didn't reply, Sakusa went for the more straightforward route. "Who is Maeko?"

Hoshiumi winced at hearing her name for a second time that day.

Osamu, now badge-less walked onto the court. He hooked his thumb toward where Maeko had fled from. "What the actual hell was that about?"

"I don't know? What're ya doin here?" Atsumu asked his twin.

"I was bring'n her to see Kenma."

Hoshiumi snapped out of his stultification as he demanded angrily, "How the fuck do you know my Maeko?!"

Osamu's eyes narrowed ever so slightly. "Your Maeko?" 

Hoshiumi walked up to the darker twin, and he sneered, "why the fuck was she with you??"

Osamu wasn't going to lash out at anyone other than Atsumu, so he held his hands up and said, "Calm down Hoshiumi. I obviously don't know what's going on."

Hoshiumi's entire mind was swimming with jealousy. He hadn't seen Maeko in years, and the first time he does see her she was with another man. To make matters worse she was wearing his fucking hat. How did he know it was Osamu's hat? First off it was black, and he remember how she hated that color since she stupidly believed it makes her look pale- Hoshiumi thought it was dumb because he had always found her pretty in every color. Secondly, she despised hats because she always said they make her head itchy, and lastly he had seen the logo on the front of it. It was the outline of an onigiri that matched the one on Osamu's hoodie.

"I don't want to calm down!! I want to know what the fuck you were doing with my girl!" He felt like he had punched himself in the gut with his own words.

Bokuto's eyes filled with concern as he parrotted softly, "'your girl'? But you said last night you weren't with anyone."

"I'm not!! Fuck!!!!!! I'm not," Hoshiumi shouted while shaking his white hair.

Osamu and Atsumu met each other's eyes. They both nodded in agreeance to their unspoken plan to reconnect Maeko and the angry seagull who was glaring down at the shoes as his inner turmoil raged. Being twins were cool like that..when they were working together- which was rare. Atsumu put his hand on Hoshiumi's shoulder and said, "Well she's here now Kourai-kun."

"Yeah man, I think ya got the wrong idea about me and Terashita." Hearing the more formal name made Hoshiumi's hackles lower ever so slightly. "I just know her because she helps me with the books for my restaurant. I'm not with her. In fact, she won't even call me by my first name even though we've known each other for more than a few years. Ya ain't got anything to worry about from me, yeah?"

Hoshiumi was still slightly shaking with pent-up emotions, but he managed to nod and grumble, "I'm going to find her."

Bokuto raised his hand in the air like a child. "Ermm. Anyone know where she went?"

All of the players looked around at one another as they all shook their heads. Sakusa mumbled quietly, "I'll take the fifth floor."

"I'll alert Luna," Suna sighed knowing this was about to get him chewed out. How she'd managed to blame him, he would never know, but somehow this would be his fault. He was secretly smirking to himself as he walked over to his bag. She always did come up with the best punishments, and he would happily play along with her kinky ass.