Chapter- 8 Shortstack

🌊🐚

Maeko stood at the beginning of Hoshiumi's hallway. The evil bastard still hadn't put a shirt on, so she had been forced, against her will!!!, to continue to stare at his delicious looking lower back muscles that rippled with every step he took as he showed her around his home.

Hoshiumi hooked his thumb to a door on the left. "You can use the guest room. It has sheets and pillows, and the bathroom is attached. Do you need anything? Girl shit or whatever?"

Maeko shook her head and looked down at her bare feet, which made Hoshiumi follow her line of sight to see her painted blue toes wiggle. "I'll figure out my shoe situation tomorrow, but for tonight I should be alright."

At hearing she'd be comfortable, Hoshiumi nervously scratched his bare abs. "I- I guess this is goodnight?"

Maeko anxiously began to twirl one of her firey red locks around her finger as she peeked up at him through her lashes. "Yeah I guess it is..can you leave your door unlocked so that I can make sure you haven't actually choked in your sleep?" She gave him a surprisingly cheeky look. "That is the excuse you used to get me here, isn't it?"

Hoshiumi tilted his face up and smirked down his nose at her. "Perhaps," he replied coyly.

"Perhaps?" Maeko would play his silly little game because clearly, he had lost his damn mind if he thought he was the one driving this crazy train. She pointed back down the hall. "Well if it's only a perhaps risk, then I guess you don't need me here right?"

Hoshiumi's eyes were deadly little slits. "Perhaps Risk? That's not even a real level of risk."

"Perhaps it is."

He took a step towards her and countered. "Perpahs it's not."

"Perhaps it most certainly is," she argued from her place in the doorframe.

"Which is it Mae, perhaps, or most certainly?" Hoshiumi asked as he closed the distance between their bodies. Maeko's head tipped back so that she could fully see Hoshiumi's smiling face, and being so close to his warm body was causing her own to begin to wake up.

When she didn't reply to his taunt, Hoshiumi muttered, "perhaps I win our little game."

"Perhaps you do," she whispered shyly as the pad of his thumb ran across her cheek.

Despite the lighthearted mood that brought them back together, Hoshiumi's eyes began to darken with sincerity as he said, "Mae...I really am sorry....for everything."

Maeko's voice was nothing but a soft whisper, "I wish I could forgive you Kou, but..I can't."

Hoshiumi nodded in understanding, but she hadn't pulled away from his touch which gave the flames in his heart a flicker of hope. He moved his hand further toward the back of her neck until his fingers nestled in her thick curls. When he tightened his hold on her hair, Maeko's eyes widened.

"K-Kourai?"

Gods how he wished he could pounce on her. He wished he had the same privileges he did all those years ago to kiss her any time he wanted to, but he knew if he gave into his desires and slammed her up against the door and fucked her stupid, he'd push her farther away. Thus he let off a strangled sound and dropped his hand.

He shoved his hands into his pockets to shackle himself before grunting, "Give me another chance."

Maeko's entire mind was clouded with lust, so she was in no state to understand human speech. "Huh?"

Hoshiumi glared at her in amused annoyance. "I said, give me another chance."

"You're giving me attitude when you're asking me to give you something?"