hostages

I can't tell if it's a man or a woman, from the height and bearing it looks like a man, wearing a black sweatshirt and gloves. Why did he have to shoot Hotch? what does he know that we don't know?
Reid motions me to hide under his desk, that's where he keeps his gun in case he doesn't need it for the rest of the day.

Hotch is still alive, Reid calls the rest of the team to help us, we could end up as hostages of the unsub. I realize that the door to Hotch's office is wide open, not being able to speak out loud I whisper to Reid what we have to do to save Hotch.

As I reach for a gun in a random desk drawer, we slowly walk towards the unsub.

But before entering the room he takes off his hood. He doesn't have much hair, it was gray with white undertones. as soon as he turns around I understand that the unsub is Ian Doyle, who has returned to ruin Hotch's life.
Spencer and I are right under the stairs that led to the room where Hotch is.

Doyle kept pointing the gun at Aaron, threatening and blaming him for having an affair with Prentiss. at which point Reid draws his gun and shoots him in the right arm. Doyle isn't down yet, but he still has two legs and a left arm that work well.
He tries to shoot us but he misses twice.

Then he picks up Hotch, carries him out of his office and puts a gun to his head. I have to say he really got our attention on him.

"drop the guns down or I'll shoot him, you know I will." he says.

Reid looks at me, he drops the gun and puts his hands up. I do the same.

Doyle ties us to two different desks. Reid is tied to the desk next to mine, we are not armed and we have no tools to be able to free ourselves.

"let's play a game" Doyle is treating us like he treated Emily ages and ages before we met her.

"do you like truth or dare?" he asks me.

"no" I answer.

"stand up" he yells at me.

He looks me in the eyes and I do the same.

"truth or dare agent y/l/n?" I wasn't listening to him. I was trying to figure out why he's trying to converse with these little games. It doesn't exactly match the profile of Doyle we were working on two weeks ago. He's different.

"truth" I answer after a while.

"have you ever shot someone?"

"yes."

"I'm sure you enjoyed it" he's laugh is kinda annoying. I wish I had shot him earlier.

"no I didn't. You do it for fun but I have to do it as job." I say.
He looks me for a moment, then he probably realizes that I wasn't lying so he passes at Reid.

"now it's your turn agent Reid" he yells. I look up at Hotch, calling reinforcements, he's thanking us for saving him. But I couldn't talk too much to Hotch, Doyle is yelling questions at Spencer and I'm worried about him.

"truth or dare, agent Reid?" says Doyle.

"truth"

"If I understand you're lying I'll shoot her, think about it little genius" Reid doesn't move, he keeps looking into his eyes as to challenge him.

"You have to tell us your deepest secret. Something that even your best friend doesn't know." he continues.

"I only trust four people in my-" he didn't even finish his sentence when Doyle fired a bullet near my desk.

"too boring, doctor Reid"

"I'm sure you have something better to tell us" continues Doyle.

Reid looks at me, seconds, maybe minutes pass before he begins to speak.

"I've always-"

He is interrupted by a shot coming from behind us, when I turn around I see Morgan running towards us to free us.
Morgan runs to Hotch to help with his injured arm, then he asks Rossi to call an ambulance.
Looking at Doyle's body I realize that Reid and I could have been in his place if Hotch hadn't arrived. Unless his initial prey was Aaron right away.

"Are you ok?" says Reid behind me. I turn around and I say that I'm ok, but I'm still shocked about what happened before.

"Hotch will recover soon, meanwhile go home, see you tomorrow to figure out where Emily is." says Morgan. I nod and I follow him.

"I didn't understand why he treated you like this. It doesn't match the profile." says Morgan.

"Have you heard the conversation?" I asked confused.

"Yeah, and I was as confused as you, I didn't know he likes playing high school games." says Morgan

"You know Morgan, a dear friend of mine once said "The universe doesn't like the secrets. It conspires to reveal the truth to lead you to it."

"Once Emily told me one like that too"

"Tomorrow, meet us at Garcia's apartment. We will discover where she is." concludes Morgan.

hi,
As you probably noticed, I was inspired by episode 15 season 14 of criminal minds.
you will find a lot of scenes like this: taken or modified from some random episode in any season, and I would have liked to have a chapter on the hostages, because I think they are among the best episodes, but we didn't get to see often in the series.