the long night

Everyone goes home, except Garcia, before leaving the room I notice that she was in tears and talking privately with Morgan. I think he finally convinced her to come home before 8 tonight, we should meet here, ten minutes before the stroke of 8, then we'll all go home, waiting for Garcia and JJ to find a second businessman, like the previous sniper victims, which developed in the great area triangle from the West Virginia prison, to the office and residence of the latest victim. The map forms a not very big triangle, but we had to track down all the businessmen in that area and believe me, there are so many. How are we sure the sniper hits right there? Well actually Hotch had already thought of everything before: we know that the sniper strikes only in certain areas of Virginia, we have sent police troops in front of every house of any businessman in the drawn triangle. It wasn't very fast, but I have to say it worked. The sniper is now in an even tighter area than before, as we've spotted his possible next victim. It is said that the sniper leaves no trace, but actually whenever he is on a roof spying on people he has the strange habit of spitting on the roof, and leaving traces of saliva which I've analyzed in the past.
I get it, it sucks for me too. But this can help us get it once and for all and then look for the other 3 left. 
Unless one of them comes to us.

it's early in the morning and after having a strange night, I'm on my way to my apartment, sadly I haven't been able to talk to Spencer about what happened about an hour ago here, but I don't feel like thinking about it now, the problem right now is the sniper, as soon as I wake up it will probably be late afternoon and I'll have to walk towards the building.
Before I fall asleep my phone rings, my eyes are too tired to read the name of the person who is calling me, so I pick up the phone and answer.

"hi pretty girl" from the tone of voice and the nickname he gave me I recognize Morgan, from the tone of voice I also understand that he's not in a good mood: he seems sad.

"hey what's wrong? You seem a little bit sad"

"Yeah, I just spoke to Garcia and she told me that the group of hitmen were haunting her for a month" he says

"so you're telling me that the dirty dozen were haunting her for a month? Why didn't she tell us? We could help her" I reply.

"the fact is that she is the dirty dozen and those people who died weren't in that group she invented everything to protect her and our files and now that the sniper has come in here, he knows everything about us, accounts, passwords, everything. The only thing the she was right was on the last 4 left, they were never twelve, the dirty dozen doesn't exist because it's her, but that has nothing to do with them she was blackmailed and now she needs us. Tonight." his calm voice was becoming less and less calm, he seemed to be mad at Penelope but actually it isn't like that, it's just Morgan who doesn't know how to help her. He tells me that the others have already called, Hotch was notified first of all but the roles for tonight do not change, in case there is a change of plans he will call us and summon us to the office before 8pm.

We talk a bit on the phone, then at 8:30am I fall asleep so as not to wake up until 6:00pm.

I wake up with a bad headache, I go to the kitchen and make myself some coffee and try to eat something before tonight's mission. I have no idea how long it can last, the last few cases have lasted all night, I would like to have peace of mind at least one day. Although in this unit it won't be possible.

I look out the window, the sun is setting and even though I'm more than an hour early, I decide to get ready and then at 6:30pm I go towards the building to wait for the others.

I take the elevator and walk to my desk. I don't see anyone in the conference room, so I leave my desk and make my way to the room.

I sit down in one of the chairs and leaf through some folders we left on the table this morning, I look at some of the sniper's victims, there are 19 in total, still a lot considering the time it took him to kill one victim and another: at least 6 months of break for each victim, who less who more.

I hear footsteps enter the room, I check the time on my phone and it was nearly 7pm. I look up and see Reid, he waves at me and sits next to me.
I leave the file on the table and close it. The situation is rather awkward: neither of us talk but we exchange glances every now and then.

"so, we'll have to go back to prison" he tells me, I was used to silence but I don't mind his voice. He talks about prison not to mention what happened this morning, and I understand that, after all, I can't understand it either.
as he reminds me that we have to go back to that macabre place he nods and purses his lips.
I nod and smile but that smile vanishes immediately after, I don't know if it's because of the prison or the fact that my colleague kissed me. Obviously I don't see the team as simple colleagues, Rossi always says that we are like a family, so in recent years I have no longer thought about the fact that our relationship that unites us is simply that of "colleagues" but of "family".
I'm lost in thought as Reid continues to speak.

"I know that you want to talk about what happened this morning, don't avoid me, please" he says.

"I'm not avoiding you, it's just that now I feel like all eyes are on me even though it's just the two of us in this room, I always feel like I have listeners and you know we are always surrounded by profilers so every look, move or word can destroy our secret. We will talk about it later, I promise" I lower my voice more and more with every word that comes out of my mouth, I'm afraid that Hotch, Rossi or worse Morgan will enter that door and listen to the conversation. he looks at me and nods, just then Morgan enters with Emily by his side. the room is even quieter even with Morgan and Prentiss doing nothing but looking down and then through the folders, as if we didn't exist, as if they had something to hide too.

Morgan asks us some questions like "are you ready?" "So it's all settled?" and then he says the usual lines like "now let's destroy that son of a bitch".

The others enter shortly after at different times, it's 7:28pm and everything is confirmed by Hotch. Let the plan begin.