past memories

after about ten minutes all the others arrive and take their places around the table. Garcia is the only one standing, as always, and begins to present the case by pointing to the bodies of the victims on the screen.

"we have 6 victims, all male, the first, Jason Rodriguez, was found in a dumpster in a small alley in the suburbs of Los Angeles, the other two, two brothers Theo and Adam Whites were found in another abandoned alley a little furthest from where Jason was found. Matthew Robinson, in another alley, together with Daniel Müller and Davyd Antonov all in different neighborhoods."
says Garcia.

I'm too shocked to see the wounds they bear. I bring a hand to my mouth and try to hold back the tears. They were all my friends and college acquaintances.

"are you ok y/n?" Hotch asks me for the second time. But this time I'm not ok.

"No, I'm not. Because I knew all of them. We were friends at college" I say.

"I'm sorry for your friends, can you tell me more about them?" Hotch continues.

"we had a group of friends, before college I never had a real one. Some of them were not part of it, the unsub only killed the only males in our group, but there were also two other girls with us. Are you sure they weren't killed earlier?" I ask to Garcia. She takes her computer and searches for the murders of girls around Los Angeles in recent weeks. But she finds nothing.

"You said not everyone was part of the group, who wasn't?" Rossi asks me.

"Matthew and Jason, I think they were cousins, the twins had told me about them, but I didn't talk to them much." I say.

"Did you know any of their relatives?" Emily asks me.

"Davyd's sister Kateryna was part of the group. Then I met the parents of each family." I say.

"but wait, someone is missing. Where's Liam? there were 5 males in our group. And here 4 were found. Liam is missing, he was the glue that united the group." I say.

"no body with Liam's name was found." says Garcia as she searches on her laptop.

"maybe he can be the next victim, wheels up in 30" Hotch concludes and everyone gets up from their chairs to be able to take their things and carry them to the jet.

I have a headache. who could ever destroy a friendship? a jealous person, but why the boys? Why is Liam the only person alive?

I get up from my chair and walk to the jet with the rest of the team.
nobody talks on the jet, we just analyzed the case and it doesn't seem like a good solution to talk about it now.

"as soon as we land Emily and Rossi go to the coroner. Y/n, JJ and Morgan will go to the families to talk, Reid and I will go to the sheriff and then to the crime scene." Hotch says and we nod.

as soon as I arrive at the police station I see the families of the victims, I know them all. There's Liam's too, but I don't understand why. A little while ago I explained to JJ and Morgan that I've known Liam since middle school, and also the twins, and we coincidentally ended up studying in the same college years after the same faculty.
There are also Kateryna and Charlotte, the last living people of this group. they come to me and hug me. then they start asking a lot of questions.

"you will take him right?" Charlotte asks to me and Morgan.

"we will do our best." Morgan replies.

I will speak to the first family, that of the twins. They have known me for a long time and are surprised to see me solve the case on their children.
I seat them on a sofa, and close the door so that the Antonov family, who are talking to JJ, won't be disturbed.