the chessboard | part one

sunday, 3.05 am

I run away, I'm in a wood at night, I don't know where the others are, if they're all still alive and whole, I'm afraid for them but I can't go back. He told me to run and they yelled at me to do it, after passing the endless cornfields I found myself in a forest with strange creatures of the night, such as snakes, owls and bats. My white dress is full of blood, the same one Emily, Garcia and JJ wore. I think the others ran away too but I'm sure they wouldn't let them run away from the prison. It all starts from Saturday morning, after I went to see Reid, when I came out of the hospital to warn the team to meet in the conference room, that's where it all started.

saturday, 6:30 am

Hotch will advise the rest of the team to meet us in the conference room at this time. In the meantime, I'm going to the building too.

I see them all hurrying up, first Morgan, then Rossi, then Emily, JJ and Hotch. Garcia was already there with me, it's as if that woman was sleeping in her computer cave.

"I called you here at this time today because I just went to see Reid, he's fine, but he gave me some information that might help us figure out who the unsub is. and i have an idea." I say.

at that moment no one knew that in reality the unsub was faster than us, he had activated and placed extra microphones and cameras throughout the room. like the one stuck to the top of the TV, which we only discover after about twenty minutes.

"what's your theory?" asks Prentiss.

"Reid told me he thought it wasn't a man but a woman who kidnapped him. And he remembers seeing a particular number on the exit door." I continue.

"512125" says Hotch.

"exactly. moreover these photos of these writings are not new to me." I take from the side of the table the photos Morgan took showing the writing on the walls in his living room, and place them in the center of the table. from a desk drawer away from the table I take a file on a case solved in 2006.

"besides Rossi and Prentiss, you all remember the Fisher King, right?" I say this while taking pictures of the wall of Elle Greenaway's room and those of Morgan's room.

"Do you think Elle has anything to do with all this?" asks JJ.

"I actually think Elle is our unsub." I explain.

"look guys, the numbers 512125, the fifth letter of the alphabet is E and the twelfth is L.
E-L-L-E
5-12-12-5" says Morgan writing with a black marker on the back of the photo.

"but why leave clues like these? did she want to be found?" asks Prentiss.

"I don't know but now we have to lure her into a trap so that we can see her face, without masks or hoods." says Hotch standing next to me.

"but wait, why would your former FBI agent send threats, chase us and kidnap former colleagues?" asks Rossi.

"she killed an innocent man in 2006 and Hotch suspended her, the only ones she bonded with the most were Reid and Morgan, especially Reid, they were like brother and sister." Hotch replies.

at 6am on Saturday not even Strauss was in her office, the odd thing Emily notices is the fact that just after 7am still nobody's there.