spencer

hi! before starting this new chapter i wanted to say a few things: i totally forgot about this story and i totally forgot to open wattpad in these last months😂 so now i'm rereading my own story (bc i forgot about the last 3 chapters)and i'm also trying to remember my ideas for the continuing of this story. soooo since it's been almost a year since the very first chapter here's another one after probably 8/9 months lol.
thank y'all for the patience
-ssaeleanorr

.

.

.

I've just arrived at the hospital with Morgan and Emily. The waiting is very boring, they keep telling me that the doctors will arrive soon to do some tests, but they never arrive. the hospital is quite busy at the moment, but when we show our FBI badges to the doctors they immediately let us through first. they lay me down on a bed, attach some strange tubes to me and take some blood to do a quick check. One of the doctors turns on a strange machine, and once it's finished he tells Morgan and Prentiss to wait outside and let me rest.
As I close my eyes I see what I saw a few hours ago, Reid running away, the fire, the sniper. all in a few flashes, and a terrible headache hits me again. I can't relax that much if I know that the sniper is still free and that I'm probably the last one alive on Cat Adams' list. I'm mostly worrying about Reid. I don't know why he ran away, I don't know what he heard or felt, the fact is that he didn't tell me anything, he didn't even help me get out of the woods.

REID'S POV

I'm inside of the woods, y/n heard a strange noise and I draw out my gun, she does the same. we continue walking, at a certain point I smell a terrible stench and my vision becomes blurred, I only perceive a strong heat and hear a strong explosion, I fall to the ground, I no longer see anything but I hear y/n's voice calling me. she is running. why is she running? Where is she going? I try to get up but I can't. then nothing, I no longer see or perceive anything, I can't be dead, it can't be!

I didn't think I'd be able to see daylight again, but when I wake up I find myself in a dark room, with only a small rectangular window at the top, where a ray of sunlight cuts the room in half and reflects on my face. I understand that I am far from the woods, from Gideon's house now in ashes.
As soon as I focus my vision I find the shadow of a person in front of me. not of a man, but of a woman very similar to Cat Adams. The woman stands facing the sunbeam, so I can see her face. It was her: Cat Adams.

"It took you a while to wake up! the sniper almost left you for dead!" Cat says while laughing with that psychopath laugh.
I don't answer. I refuse to answer her questions.

"I think you know why you're here. See, I put people on my list because they are inconvenient for me. There were many others who were not related to the BAU who have now passed into the afterlife thanks to me and my hitmen. Gideon could have protected you all, and we killed him, now we're looking for y/n. You know, we're hunting her for two reasons: the first is because she killed Elle, and the second-"

"She didn't just killed her, we all did. I was on
y/n side, Hotch was on her side, Rossi too, all of my team was on her side and we're all guilty for that. But I don't regret a single thing that happened that night in the warehouse." I interrupted her and shout these words that automatically came out of my mouth.

"you didn't give me time to tell you the second reason" she says.

"I don't wanna know" I answer.

"Spencer, the truth is that I've been stalking you and your team since Prentiss died..." she continues.

"...and I know you're mad at me because I almost killed her, you, and your team probably more than twice"

"you're obsessed with us, but why?" I think I understand what she means.

"because you guys arrested and killed half of my friends. you guys are so strong, and i'm not afraid to tell you these things" She's playing the guilty one (again) and she does it very well. my goal is to establish a deal (that I will never keep) so that I can escape and return to my team. so I'm trying to play her game.

"We arrested your friends because they were criminals, just like you. And if we weren't able to arrest you, well, that means you were smart too."
I say.

"but I want to remember you that I'm a profiler, I understand your emotions, and that you don't really think that we're that strong as you said to me. you think we have weak points, but on your list there are only 2 people of my team. Gideon was smart and you killed him. but why y/n? According to what you told me, you find all the team members strong and smart. me too then. why am I not on your list? Why is her name on it and not mine or someone else's?" I say. She stands there looking at me and saying nothing.

"I think this is jealousy." I continue. She doesn't speak, she only looks at me in the eyes.
I thought that now she wants me dead, but actually she just walks away and she locks the door. Now I'm in this room all alone, tied to a chair. I don't have my gun anymore. but I have a little knife. I cut the rope and I dash to the window.

The window is at the height of the courtyard. This time Cat wasn't very smart. I break the glass quickly with the knife and I also punch the glass. My hands are bleeding, I quickly cut the net and rush silently into the courtyard, abandoning the house and therefore that small room, very similar to a basement. I find myself wandering in a street with many habited houses, instinctively I start running, it's early in the morning and not many people pass by. I ask the first passerby I see to lend me his phone to call Hotch. I dial the number quickly and he answers me immediately.

"Hotch? Is that you?" I ask with a trembling voice.

"Reid? What happened? Where are you?" he answers.

"I don't know when I woke up I was in this basement tied to a chair, and there was Cat Adams and-" I say.

"Ok stay right where you are, we're tracking your call, we're coming for you."