it takes a village | part one

JJ enters the room where we were sitting waiting for backup. we didn't expect her to be "the reinforcements".

"let's get to work" she says.
Garcia is so happy to see her and so are we.

This night Morgan, JJ and I will go to Doyle's house and check it.
I'm with them behind Morgan we're climbing the stairs and we are checking every floor of the building.

Morgan bursts into the house by breaking down the front door, checks the first room on the left while I look right and JJ continues straight. Morgan opens a closet, it's empty but we find a secret passage on the ceiling. we go through that tunnel and find ourselves on the roof of the building. Doyle attacks Morgan by hitting him from above. The two argue, as they punch each other I try to help Morgan but he tells me to wait for him downstairs with JJ and that the situation was under control. A SWAT sniper positioned on another roof informs us that he has him under fire but Morgan doesn't want to hear about it: he wants to arrest Ian alone and, if necessary, kill him.

"Don't take the shot! Don't shot, I got him!" he yells.

obviously I didn't listen to Morgan: I didn't want to leave him alone so I hide behind the door that leads to the roof and keep the unsub at gunpoint. Doyle stops suddenly, throws up his hands in surrender.

"want to kill me yourself, Agent?" challenges him.

At which point JJ ​​and I get a call from Hotch, still in the hospital telling us what to do.

"That's all Hotch said? Take the shot?" she asks me

"Yeah, but he's pissed" I reply.

A sniper watches Doyle's movements from above, keeping his rifle pointed at a door from which he would have exited, pursued by Morgan.
My phone suddenly rings. It is Spencer, who in the meantime has gone with the rest of the team to the building to work better.

"I can't find him" he says

"What do you mean, you can't find him?" I ask

"It's me and Rossi we're already here, but the headmistress said Declan got sick and went home" he's talking about the kid that Doyle wanted Prentiss to be his mum. We were on his trail a few days ago but we gave up, that child is nowhere to be found.

"Ok, call for backup, you see the agents that were sent before?" I continue.

"Their car's out front and the lights are off, I'll call you back" he hangs up

I look at JJ and tell her that Rossi and Reid have already entered the house.

After about ten minutes Reid calls me back, tells me that the bodies of the two agents have been found in the house and the nanny's, but no trace of Doyle's son. We think it's a good lead to track down your son first and then reach him and set a trap for him.

We see a police car following another car, the sirens are on and in the middle of the night they wake up the whole neighborhood. Blue and red colors light up our faces and we see Morgan walk out the door to come get us.

"The squad car that went by got Doyle's attention." says Morgan as we rush out of the car.

"You see that?" he asks to the sniper.

"I've got movement" he answers.

"he's in there" I say looking at the window seeing the curtains moving.

Morgan kicks in the front door of the building, we have to move quickly.

As soon as we find him we arrest him, in reality it is he who surrendered: he tried to do it before and he did it for real even after.

Morgan takes him to the BAU, for the usual interrogation, after which he would go to prison with his dear friend Kevin Lynch.

Morgan was nervous, as usual these days, slamming the door and staying in the interrogation room with Doyle. I watch him from the glass and Reid also joins me to watch the show of Doyle making fun of Morgan for the umpteenth time.

"Forgotten where I've been, Agent? Places far worse than this" he jokes.

"Doyle, where's Declan?" asks Morgan.

"Don't play dumb" he replies.

"Because you find him a month before I did, he's living in that lovely little house our friend set up for him. I should have found him sooner, finally remembered she likes cul-de-sacs" he continues.

"Where is Declan right now?" I feel the Morgan bomb is about to explode. He hasn't been calm lately in these situations especially when it comes to Emily and the interrogations about how Emily died.

"You expect me to believe you had nothing to do with his abduction?" he continues.

"And you expect me to believe this isn't part of the strategy?" You tell me my son is missing, when I know he was safe a few hours ago? You'll have to get more creative." he laughs and I know that that laugh makes Morgan nervous.

"Listen to me, you son of a bitch, I am not playing games with you. If you care about anybody other than yourself, you'll give me a list of who would have done this." the Morgan bomb is about to exploding.

"Why would anyone take Declan? No one even knows he exists" Doyle replies.

"Well, someone does, because when we followed you to that little rat trap, somebody took him from his house. Somebody else was watching you, Ian! Now tell me who." yells Morgan.

"I don't know, I don't"

"Your son is missing, so think." Morgan says at the end.

Strauss joined Reid and me behind the glass and kept peppering us with questions as we tried to listen to Morgan.

"How long has Agent Morgan been looking for Doyle?" asks Strauss.

"The night he killed Prentiss in Boston, he refused to believe Doyle just vanished." I reply.

"he seems genuine" says Reid.

"Well, of course he does. He'a a master manipulator." replies Strauss

"See his carotid? His heart started racing when Morgan told him about Declan, the tightness in his forehead, his darting eyes, are signs of real concern." I point a finger at the TV which zooms in on Doyle's face and Strauss looks at him.

"Well, if he didn't take his son, then who did?"