the stolen money

The car has no roof and is very low, so having no protection the whites could open fire at any moment, even when we thought we had lost them. We stole our money and now they're chasing us in three different cars all over West Virginia. That money belongs to us after all, and I don't understand what they could possibly be used for since they had large quantities of food and hygienic supplies.
A car had just passed us but was very close to us, the other two behind were still visible even after the bends. I don't lean out far from the car because I was afraid they were armed.
Spencer tries to talk to me but I can't hear him well, as there's wind and the noise of the engines and wheels.

"We should call Hotch" he yells because there is noise and thinks I don't hear him.

"I think if we call him we will put in danger the whole team, we have to handle it by ourselves" I yell back. He nods and continues looking at the road when suddenly a bullet hits the hood of the car coming from the front.

"this is not a good sign" he says. The car doesn't seem to have any problems but we have to try to outrun them.

"try to go into the woods rather break through the road embankments, they won't follow us up there." as I answer him a bullet comes from behind, we hide lower and lower so as not to be caught in the head. He looks at me and tells me to open fire on them, I'll shoot the ones behind and Reid the ones in front as he drives.

I take my gun and load it, then turn and shoot out the windows of the first car behind us while Reid shoots the ones in front. I took the first car off the road, I think I hit one as they stopped, Reid just got the wheels on the car, so they stopped in the middle of the road and we passed them. One is missing but we have lost sight of it.

"for a moment I was reevaluating your idea" he says looking back.

"do you think they will continue on foot or do you think some of them got away with it?" I ask.

"I don't know I just want to take the second exit back to Virginia and then on to Quantico" he answers. I nod and we spend the half hour journey in silence, before arriving, with still 20 minutes left, Hotch calls us and tells us that they've captured the sniper and that it's over, Rossi and Emily have found the files and we have some money that they was not in our plans.

"ok Hotch, we're on our way to the building, see you later" and I hang up.

"it's over, they captured the sniper, Hunter Goldman and his family are safe." I say to Reid.

"Yeah, but we're not, I don't think they'll give up, they will find us" he says, he's right after all, and he's not the only one who thinks so.

"but right now I wanted to talk about that thing, you know..." he continues but he lowers his voice just like before, it's a strange habit that I haven't figured out yet.

"yeah well, it should remain a secret, if it's ok for you" I reply.

"yeah I think it must be a secret, just don't tell anyone that we kissed, I won't." he says.

"I won't too" I answer.

"but, how long do you think you will keep this secret?" I continue.

"forever, if necessary." he says smiling at me.

"but do you think that it could happen again?" Spencer continues.

"could be" I answer and smile at him, I see a small smile even on his face.

once we arrive at the office Morgan helps us carry the bags with the money that belongs to us inside. As soon as we enter the conference room we put them in order on the table and with ten different post-its we write the names of the owners on them and attach them to the pile of money.

We also called Strauss, who stands in front of the pile of money, it seems that the boss has many questions and only asks me and Spencer, since we found the money, and we explain how it really went, while all the rest of the team is listening.

"how did you find them? and how are you sure they are true? why did you take them with you risking your lives?" she's very anxious, kind of like when we called Doyle here at Quantico.

"we found them in a room ma'am, there were drawers with name tags on them, we found all of you and Gideon's too." I reply.

"why did you take them?" she asks.

"because they belong to us" Reid replies.

"mhhh we're not done here yet, anyway, where is agent Rossi? He's not here" she continues.

"in fact, agent Rossi went to the bank to check that no one withdrew his $300,000 from his bank account" Hotch intervenes in the discussion with Strauss.

"well he could have stayed here with us, only him is missing." she says. I hate it when she's so full of herself, when she always wants to be right.

"ma'am, if you want I can call him to get news from him" JJ asks as she picks up the phone and motions with her thumb to walk out of the room.
Strauss responds with a hand gesture like "go ahead", JJ walks away and leaves the room to call Rossi.
We silently wait for David's response as we hear JJ talking on the phone.
JJ's very quick, after about twenty seconds she's already back.

"Rossi says that it's true, and that this Jason Gideon made the transfer of the $300,000" Her face doesn't look surprised but her voice cracks as she says Gideon's name.

"but it can't be, I mean, it can't be him, he was always close to me he was like a father to me I knew him better than anyone, it can't be him" Reid is getting alarmed and tries to defend his mentor to the team. obviously I don't think it was Gideon himself, my first thought is that maybe someone is trying to frame him or lead us into a trap.

"I think it's a trap or someone who wants to frame him" I answer, in the end my thoughts weren't so wrong, the team nods and I also get Strauss' approval.

"Do you think he did it to our bank accounts too?" Morgan asks.

"we just have to check, Erin you're coming with us." says Hotch and we walk towards the lift, Garcia follows us as she waves to us and before the doors close I see her running towards the conference room.