I: it all started with a boy

Her name is Cecilia Snowstone. Fresh out of high school, she was ready for a new chapter in her life. After a senior year that was a story all on it's own, she was ready to take the next step and venture onto college. One part of her senior year matters at this point: she has been head over heels for a boy from her high school.

She got a notification saying that her class roaster for hospitality technoligies was up and she skimmed the chart of people. Her jaw dropped when she saw the name Joesph Teak.

Also known as "The Boy in Food Science".

Cecilia screeched in excitement and ran to tell her older sister.

No way, she thought.

This was something that she would have never expected, she didn't know what he was going for, let alone if he was going to college or not. Regardless, she danced for joy and was in love relentlessly. Life felt like a story, like a dream come true, and Cecilia was here for it.

She had a streak with Joesph, and he had a cute little nickname in her phone.

They met just as she got out of a bad relationship, and they were lab partners in food science hence the name of "The Boy in Food Science". She wanted to ask him to prom, but chickened out, thinking that he would turn her down.

After that one day, she noticed him more and more in her life. She and him would always walk past in each in the hallways, 4 times a day to be exact. Including having a whole class together, where he always sat in the back corner.

When they were in a room together, they would always lock eyes, but only for a split second. She never wanted to make her feelings too obvious with him, but you would know, the way that she dreamed of him countless times, imagined him and her dancing together, being together and doing cute little things together. He felt like he was the one that the stars gave to her, that it was meant to be.

It had to be.

2 weeks later, she started college and walked around the campus. He wasn't there on Tuesday.

The next day, she saw him walk out of the bookstore just as she was picking up a chef's coat.

She wanted to say hi, but she didn't know if he thought of her as weird.

As the week went on, she became excited for hospitality technologies.

The day came, and she picked a spot all the way in the front. Joesph came walking in and found a spot all the way in the back.

Cecilia disaccociated for a second when he came in the room, as if he was a god to her.

"Alright Ladies and Gents, my name is Professor Reuben and I will be your teacher for hospitality technologies."

Snapped Cecilia back to her senses.

Not for long though.

She started to fall into a dream of her and Joesph and all of the cute little moments that they had together, including many moments of eye contact.

"And is there a Miss Snowstone here?"

Cecilia woke up from her silly little daydream and looked right at the professor.

"Oh, I'm right here...."

"I thought you didn't exist, I was calling your name for 2 minutes. What were you doing? Danicng with a boy in your dreams or something?"

Cecilia made a weird face that resembled a frog and looked down slightly, hoping that nobody would notice.

'I'm just teasing with you, but I can definately tell what major you want to be."

"Oh? You can?"

Professor Reuben nodded.

"Hospitality Management, you all are a bunch of nervous wrecks on your first day."

"Not really nervous." She jokenly replied. "I'm just a college newbie."

She gave a quick stare to Joesph who was looking at her as if she had the most beautiful eyes in existance.

Professor Reuben went back to his lecture.

"I know what all of you college kids are like, and I have been in your shoes as well. When I was your age, I was working 3 jobs while in college and ran on -2 hours of sleep. There were nights where I survived on red bull, triple shot espressos, and 5 hour energy. Did I forget to mention that I KNOW what being a college kid is like? If you ever have concerns, I am always an email away, and I grade assignments within hours. It's totally fine to email your teachers. We're not scary."

The class slightly chuckled.

Most of the class was the teacher talking about what the semester is going to be like, and to the point that the professor made a whole spreadsheet on the class.

Something that Cecilia would do, she already liked this teacher.

The class ended and Cecilia went on to her next class, she followed Joesph for only a little bit until she had to go to her next class, which she didn't realize but she only had 5 minutes to get from one hall to the other and she would have to walk.

Cecilia is a girl of big dreams, a first year hospitality management student with dreams to become a general manager of a resort. She takes after her father with being a workoholic and an addiction to coffee. From her mother, she gets anxiety and an creative mind as well as a charming personality and a love of dance. Best of both worlds, am I right?

For the rest of the day, all Cecilia could think about was Joesph. Joesph to her was the boy of her dreams: he had a soft face, dark brown curly hair, brown eyes, and glasses. He was only 5'7 but Cecilia was 5'1.

She dreamed even more as her english teacher started bickering on about everything but english and she let her mind wander off to a dream world where Joesph was with her more than for an hour a day. Despite having a crush on him for a while, there was a lot that she had to learn about him yet.

And she was not afraid of that mystery.