iv: his chef's coat

Now it was late October, another month has passed by with little to no action.

Cecilia worried about not passing her classes, so when she heard about the opportunity for some extra credit, she couldn't pass this chance. She signed up for every week that she could.

Banquet was on Wednesdays starting at 11:30, which intervined with Cecilia's Foodservice Sanitation class, so she was confused if she should tell the professor if she could go early.

She went to leave the classroom to look for the professor when Joesph comes walking down the hall, wearing a chef's coat. Cecilia thought that she was dreaming. They locked eyes for a second before he left her view. Suddenly, Cecilia lost her track of thought and felt her legs about to collaspe. She could barely make it to her seat before she fell face first on the floor.

Chichi sat at his desk with shock.

"Oh my god, are you ok?"

Cecilia started twitching a bit before she let out a squeal like sound.

Two guys behind them started to give a concerned look and asked if she was ok.

"She's fine. I think?"

Chichi pulled Cecilia up and she managed to get to her seat before she could compose herself. Her face was bright red and her smile was larger than the sun.

"I saw him, in his chef's coat. He looked SO HOT! I must be dreaming, this can't be real!"

Cecilia checked her pulse and pinched herself.

"That was real."

"Oh my god."

"It was just the way that he looked that made me lose feeling in my legs, his usual look but his biceps too, those are... MMMMM."

"Really?"

"I look like a fool, don't I?"

Chichi just giggled.

Cecilia dusted her clothes off from the floor and took an extra deep breath. Surprisengly, nobody paid attention to the emotional reaction that Cecilia had, it was as if nothing happened in the first place.

The professor came back into the room and Cecilia asked her the question that she was supposed to ask her.

"Oh yeah, you can leave at 11:30. We'll probably be doing nothing too important by then. You signed up for banquet? Good for you."

"Yeah, I did every week." Cecilia shyly admitted.

'Don't work yourself too hard."

"Thank you."

The professor was Professor Bronze, one of the most relaxed and relatable professors there was. She was a prime example of notes that were easy to follow as well as having an interesting class. What is the best part about her is that the way that she met her husband was absolutely adorable.

"Ever heard of the Bronze Effect?" A student one day whispered.

"What?"

"Professor Bronze met her husband in this department and they fell in love. Later, her husband proposed to her on this campus. There is a chance that if you find love in here, the same fate will happen to you."

Cecilia dreamed about it and thought about Joesph, the two of them have to be fate, the same way that Professor Bronze and her husband met. Except, they had more of a past together. Could Cecilia be praised with the Bronze effect?

There was still 45 minutes left of class, and they were going over a few chapters presented through a slideshow. Cecilia took notes on her laptop while at the same time, writing a love poem on another tab.

Half of her screen was the pathogens that can be found in a workplace, meanwhile the other half was a love poem with so many lines filled with pure emotion that a heartless person would find it cringy but most people would cry at the raw emotion that was served.

Time kept on ticking and she watched the clock go.

10:50, 10:55, 11:00, and so on.

But, she had to focus on her studies for now.

Snap out of it, she thought. Stop thinking about Joseph for once.

But, the way that he looked in that chef coat, the way they locked eyes, it was fate, it was destiny. Maybe he thought another way of her as well.

It was the biggest mystery in her head that still needed to be solved.

She tried to switch off her brain off of him and onto her work, but the more she pushed one way, the more her thought switched back to him. It was impossible, too much, too hard.

There was a spot in her notes that was missing something, she panicked and attempted to catch up on the 3 slides that she missed. She just copied and pasted them, and quickly shifted her focus to her work. She exited out of her poem and took a deep breath.

Focus, focus, focus.

The professor was stalling on one slide, so she edited the slides that she missed enough just as the next slide was shown. Perfect, just in time.

Her leg started to bounce, she held it down with one of her arms forcefully. Deep breath again.

Until 11:30, she managed to keep herself stable enough and was able to leave the class along with another person who was actually helping out at the banquet too. She grabbed both bags, one bag was all of her school supplies and the other was her bag with her chef's clothes.

Although this confused Cecilia at first because she thought she was going to help waitress for the banquet. But, if they needed somebody to do a job, Cecilia won't reject the offer.

She opened a locker and placed her first bag in there. The second bag she left on a bench and took out her clothes and changed from her polo shirt and dark jeans into the chef's outfit that had her named attached on the coat.

Her hair needed to be placed up and she threw it up in her hairnet, then placing the hat over her head.

One last brush off before she left along with the other girls.

What kind of experience would this be? Cecilia and the other girls were chatting about it before they arrive at the destination. The door was closed and it seemed as if there was a loy of action coming in from the other side.