vi: the second banquet

Going to work at the banquet quickly became clockwork for Cecilia. She enjoyed working all of it, and the best part was the multiple course meal at the end. The people too were friendly and always enjoyed Cecilia's company.

During this time, she confessed to Chance.

"So, there's the guy actually that I have a major crush on, I liked this guy since high school. I actually thought I saw him working here but I must have thought I was crazy or dreaming."

"I might be able to tell you if I know that person that you are wondering about."

Cecilia blushed.

"Maybe...."

"Spill the details, I need to know!"

Cecilia had a grin on her face that was so wide that she couldn't contain her giddiness.

"Alright, so...."

She started to laugh.

"Take your time, take your time." Chance laughed along with her.

"Ok, so his name is Joesph. And, I may be in love with him. I've probably had the world's largest crush on him ever since high school. We were lab partners actually."

"Wait? Did you say Joesph?"

Cecilia nodded.

"He was actually working in the morning for the banquet! He left just as you came in!"

"What?" Cecilia's mouth dropped.

"He didn't speak too much, I guess you could say that's your type."

"Maybe." Cecilia thought.

"Thing is though. There is more to this story. We met in high school after I got out of a bad relationship and suddenly, he came into my life just like that. Since then, I couldn't stop thinking about him. I even wanted to ask him to prom but I chickened out at the last second. When I found out that we were in a class together, I felt like life was unreal. Like, I thought I was dreaming! I did see him and he looked so fine, let me tell you that." Cecilia added.

"Nice nice. Did you ever talk to him before?"

Cecilia shook her head.

"I actually do want to work on a project with him. It's due in 2 weeks."

"And that is how you should make your move! You got this girl!"

"Are you sure? I never had a good past with asking guys out or having feelings...."

"Well, you're in college now. All is different from here."

"I hope so."

Evan just put a pot in the sink and saw Chance and Cecilia laughing. His eyes fixated on her for a few seconds. He started to feel a sensation that he never felt before, but kept his head down and went over to the counter in the front of the room where a bowl of extra bread was kept.

Chance left the room and Cecilia noticed the tray of bread. If there was on thing in the world that Cecilia loved for some odd reason, it was bread. Any kind of bread.

It was France for this week, so they had baguette pieces for all to have.

"Can I have one?" Cecilia asked Ash.

"Of course!"

Evan was having a piece too and Cecilia's eyes lit up when she took a piece of bread. She smiled and enjoyed every bite.

"Sally actually made the bread! She makes the best bread! I could eat a whole loaf if I wanted to!" Ash took another piece.

Cecilia giggled while Evan chuckled.

"It was really good!"

"It hits." Evan added.

Evan left the room to help bus and Cecilia broke the news to Ash about Joesph.

"Oh yeah, I know who you are talking about! Don't worry, I'll keep it a little secret for you."

They laughed before Ash had to leave and Evan came back.

Evan opened the freezer and sampled some of the ice cream.

"You want some?"

"Oh yeah, sure!"

Cecilia took a spoon and a cup from Evan and they gave each other a quick glance before they had their ice cream.

"What?" Evan looked at her.

"What?" Cecilia gave him the same energy back.

She tossed her spoon and went to go bus tables for a little bit. Evan was nowhere to be found for the rest of the service.

Family meal came again but this time, Evan called her.

They were all gathered together, waiting for the soup and the main course.

He grabbed Cecilia's coat slightly.

"There's a seat for you." He took her out to the dining room where his stuff was.

She took off her hat and hairnet, revealing her caramel locks. She took off her apron too that hugged her waist. Cecilia straightened her hair slightly before going into the kitchen.

Everybody got a soup and main course, which was a cut of lamb.

She grabbed a glass of water and sat down with her dish. Evan on the right side of her.

Chance had everybody engaged in a conversation where his lively energy improved the mood of the table.

The food was delicous and Cecilia's smile always got Evan, he hid himself whenever he saw her laugh. Even with her hair that highlighted her soft features and her funny overreactions too.

She went back for dessert and when it came to something sweet, Cecilia always needed sweetness.

Many of the second years were involved with talking with Cecilia about being a first year for the banquet and how she likes the experience. They admired her for her ethic and positive attitude.

"You also have the smile of a charmer, with a smile like that, you could break hearts." Chance said as a joke.

Evan only stared at her with curiousity. This girl was a mystery, a mystery that he wanted to solve and figure out.

Cecilia suddenly looked at the time.

"Oh no, I should be going soon."

She put all of her dishes in the bin and rushed out.

Quickly, she checked her phone and saw that her sister texted her asking her where she was.

I'm coming home, she texted before changing out of her clothes and grabbing her two bags.

Before she left, she said her goodbyes to everybody and then left to go home.

Cecilia hated that she always had to leave so early, she wanted to have a life like many people could, the freedom that she craved, but it could never happen. It's what life is like with a family that always worries and parents that are super strict on their kids but never themselves.