xxii: dream on

Cecilia went to bed that night exhausted and yet her mind was still up and active.

After tossing and turning for a bit, she finally fell asleep.

She was at a party in the middle of a dance circle. The DJ spun the song "smack that" by akon. Cecilia started to freestyle and her dance moves wowed the crowd. Her style of dancing was charming, using the actual meaning of the lyrics as well in her dance, as well as her facial expressions: not stiff and a little playful. A girl like Cecilia was made to be on a dancefloor.

"I feel you creeping, I can see it on your shadow."

"Wanna jump up in my Lamborghini Gallardo
Maybe go to my place and just kick it like TaeBo
And possibly bend you over look back and watch me."

"Smack that all on the floor
Smack that give me some more"

Cecilia slapped her thighs and flipped her hair which drove the crowd wild.

"Smack that 'till you get sore
Smack that oh-oh!"

"Upfront style ready to attack now
Pull in the parking lot slow with the lac down
Convicts got the whole thing packed now
Step in the club now and wardrobe intact now!I feel it down and cracked now (ooh)
I see it dull and backed now
I'mma call her, then I pull the mack down
Money no problem, pocket full of that now!"

Cecilia was lost in the music and danced with the same fun and yet senstional energy that never fizzled. It was as if a camera was filming her, the world felt so unreal.

The chorus started again and she looked over her shoulder and saw Evan looking at her, the large space in the crowd made it seemed even more unreal than it was right now.

She grabbed him and started walking back with him while keeping on beat to the dance. This time, it was her straight up seducing him and dancing on him like he paid money.

Her eyes flickered with passion and it felt like a fire was about to become alight in the room. Their breathes aligned and they were so close to each other that ice would melt.

She closed her eyes for a second and the room stared to spin as bit by bit, the world started to get blurry. All she could do was leave him and run out of the crowd and into a door that would lead to an exit.

Instead it lead into an unfamiliar apartment and Cecilia was in totally different clothes.

"Welcome home honey. How was your day?"

Joesph was right by the kitchen counter and gave her a smile that made her weak in the knees.

She took a deep breath and started to feel fatigue take over her body.

"Chaotic." Cecilia couldn't find the right word to say, so much had happened that confused was an understatement.

"It's been like that lately, hasn't it?" Joesph came closer to her and took off her coat.

"I guess I must be tired. And a bit sore too." She cracked her neck.

"Let me fix that." He started to rub her shoulders, his fingers covering every ache and pain, the skin to skin contact rubbed down and up, as if he was teasing her.

Cecilia let out an "ahhhhh" that felt like it was just needed.

"I actually have a surprise for you." He had a smile on his lips.

"You do?"

"Yes."

They went into the kitchen.

"You've been saying that you want to start making your own bread by scratch. So, I nought you everything that you need to make it!"

"Baby." Those words came out of her so naturally.

"I know that you don't like surprises. But, you've been dying to, you've been saying it in your sleep."

She giggled.

"I have?"

"Almost every night."

"Still can't understand how I did that."

"Me either. But, I got you whole wheat flour, your favorite."

Cecilia wrapped her arms around Joesph.

"You're the best."

Suddenly, her stomach growled.

"Why don't we make some food?"

"You're right. I kind of want some pasta."

"I was actually going to try and make some, but you know me, I'm not a good cook."

"Let's do it together then."

Both Cecilia and Joesph started to prepare the bread first. They measured out all of what they needed and mixed it all together. After that, Joesph sprayed a bread pan and Cecilia poured the mixture in. The oven was preheated and Cecilia put the pan in.

While that was cooking, Joesph put the pasta water onto boil. Cecilia chose angel hair pasta out of the cabinet. Joesph started to sing softly to himself and slowly came to Cecilia.

"I won't let those little things slip out of my mouth. But if I do, then it's true, they do, they add up to. I'm in love with you, and all these little things."

The pasta water started to bubble and boil and Cecilia dip the pasta in. Drops of water kept on flying and startled Cecilia.

"Here, here, let me help you."

He wrapped around her waist and helped her drop the pasta in.

"You're going to worry yourself sick at this rate. Worrying makes you sad, and I don't want to see you sad like that."

Joesph gave Cecilia a spoon and she started to stir the pasta in. Joesph still had his arms wraped around her waist and it made her face turn red like a wildfire.

She kept her breath steady but it seemed like the steam wasn't the only thing that was heating her up.

"I know this will be delicious. But, I don't know what we should have for dessert." Joesph said.

Cecilia smirked.

"What do you want?"

"There is only one to that question: you."

"Oh, stop."

"But, I actually want red velvet cake, for real. Also, you as well. Which reminds me...."

He left her embrace for a second and opened the fridge.

"I bought you a cake. Your favorite: red velvet."

"You're the sweetest. The best."

"No." He went closer to her and kissed her "You are."