xxix: head over heels in the moonlight

It was the Tuesday before Valentine's Day and class just got out. The weather was still windy and quite cold and all was peaceful once you stepped out of the class.

Cecilia and Kyle walked out away from the class and took in the air.

"I like the weather like this." Cecilia was all bundled up in a warm white winter jacket as well as a burgundy beanie.

Meanwhile, Kyle was shivering and wearing nearly next to nothing.

"Y-you're fine with this weather? I'm freezing my ass off."

"Says the guy that's wearing not enough."

"Hey! I'm fine!"

"You're not, you're shivering really bad."

"No I'm not!" Kyle shivered immediately after.

"Jeez, why can't you dress according to the weather? It's not that bad if you do."

"Because, I would be lugging around at least 5 pounds of winter gear."

Cecilia sighed.

"But, one thing will make me warm."

He grabbed Cecilia's hand and pulled her closer.

Cecilia was speechless and taken aback with surprise in that moment. Yet, at the same time she was felt with a strange feeling, it didn't feel good but it didn't feel bad.

"Oh wow." Cecilia finally managed to muster some words out of her mouth.

Kyle chuckled and soon, they were back at her car. This has been happening, where they would walk and talk to her car and stay for a long time after class, so much so that it caused Cecilia to come home late and she worried that her parents would catch on to something fishy.

The two of them were still talking and chatting before Cecilia had to tell him that she had to go.

"Why do you always have to leave so early?"

"Because, I've been coming home later than usual. They expect me home at 9pm sharp. It's been 9:30 one week and they flipped out on me."

"They should at least know about me. You should just tell them."

"It's not that easy to talk to them about boys. I told you, I never had it easy with guys. If they heard that something bad happened again, then I'd be done for. I wouldn't be allowed to leave the house to see a guy friend. Not like I'm ever allowed to leave anyways."

"Is that why you structured your schedule to always be busy so you can never be home?"

Cecilia nodded.

"Woman after my own heart." He whispered under his breath.

"What?" Cecilia asked him.

"I'm just like you in a sense, I always have to be busy and be doing something. Why do you think I work 6-12 hours? Also though, my job overworks me like a dog. To be honest, when I'm not working I'm either doing schoolwork or sleeping. Maybe even eating too. In reality, I don't take breaks."

"How?"

"How what?"

"How can you not take breaks? Breaks are good for you, you need breaks."

"I don't have time to take a break. That's what going home is for."

Cecilia could see the stress buildup in Kyle's eyes and soon saw those stress burdened eyes fix on her.

"It's strange though." His tone changed. "But, you make me forget about all of the stress that has built up in me. All of the depression that came along as well. When I look at you, I see the light that I've been searching for, it's you."

Cecilia was speechless.

Kyle soon started to wrap his arms under Cecilia's coat and onto her skin.

"Warmth. You are the warmth that I've been longing for. In this cold world, you are the sunshine to my cloudy day, the fire to my ice, the sweetness in my life. I couldn't stop thinking about you ever since that day we met. Isn't that crazy?"

Cecilia looked up at him, her head felt blank.

"No."

Her nose started to run and she wiped it quickly. As soon as she wiped it, another round of snot came through.

Kyle took notice to this, and he wiped away the snot off of her nose.

"You know, I used to have a girlfriend that would snort cocaine, I had to wipe it off of her nose. Luckily, you're as pure as an angel. You don't smoke, you don't drink. You are normal."

Cecilia felt Kyle slowly inch towards her with his lips. She felt a string of curiosity awake in her.

"Are you going to kiss me or something?"

"Yes."

He kissed her.

Those lips lingered for a second before he went back in and kissing her again, over and over.

Soon, the two of started to make out. The kisses turning passionate and full of life.

"Wow." Cecilia whispered after the make out stopped.

"Wow indeed."

"I haven't got kissed like that in a long time." Kyle added.

"It was you that did all of the kissing."

"And you kind of went into it as well."

"Guess I couldn't help myself, I am a little bit touch deprived."

She was right. Cecilia missed having somebody to cuddle with at night and somebody that would kiss her lips so smooth and gently. It was dangerous though, she would start craving it more and more and soon become incapable of living without the touch of the one she loved.

"Let's do it again."

Cecilia nodded and they went in again for a second round. This time, Kyle picked her up off of the ground and spun her around as they kissed. For a second, they stopped and Cecilia was on top of Kyle. She pinned him down to the car and started to inch closer to him. Their lips touched and her one leg wrapped around his body, pulling him in closer.

A sensation of fire rose around them both and suddenly, the cold world was no more. It was hot, burning intensely with the flames of desire and passion. It was an experience like no other.

Cecilia had felt many strange new sensations this year, that's for sure.

The question is, will this last or fizzle out into smoke?