#9. Abusive Parents

#9. Abusive Parents - HYUNJIN, Y/N

A/N:
This oneshot may contain harmful or sensitive content where some readers will find it uncomfortable. Please read at your own risk. Note that Hyunjin is your twin brother in this oneshot.

AT SCHOOL (In class)

Y/N'S POV

My hands were trembling, afraid that I will not get a satisfying result. Hyunjin who was my seatmate, held my hand.

HYUNJIN: Calm down, everything is going to be okay. You know we both go through everything together right?

Y/N: Aren't you scared? You know mom and dad is going to cane us if we don't score a 100 in Math.

HYUNJIN: ....I know...I'm scared too, but calm down, you're shaking really bad.

TEACHER: Hwang Y/N.

I stood up from my seat and walked towards the teacher's table. 

TEACHER: Here's your paper, well done.

Y/N: Thank you teacher.

I took the paper without looking at the mark and rushed back to my seat.

TEACHER: Hwang Hyunjin.

Hyunjin got up and took his paper from the teacher, then he came back to his seat.

HYUNJIN: I guess our fate will be determined after we flip our paper and check our score.

We both flipped our papers. 

TIMESKIP

AT HOME

HYUNJIN: Mom, dad, we're home.

MOM: Show me your result, now.

We both gulped in fear and slowly took out our papers and passed it to mom. Then dad came down from downstairs to check it out. Dad snatched the papers from mom and threw it to the ground. He came closer to us and slapped Hyunjin, after that he slapped me.

DAD: WHAT THE HELL?! HWANG HYUNJIN, 99?! HWANG Y/N, 98?! WHY ARE YOU TWO SO STUPID! IT'S JUST MATH, DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING WHEN THE TEACHER IS TEACHING?? 

Mom picked up the papers from the ground and flipped through our papers to find the mistake we did. 

MOM: You both...answered THESE incorrectly?! THIS IS SO EASY DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY BRAINCELLS TO SOLVE IT! ESPECIALLY YOU, HWANG Y/N! YOU GOT A 98!

Y/N: Sorry m-

Mom approached me and grabbed my hair. She threw me to the ground. After that she grabbed my neck and slapped me hard on both side of my face. 

NOBODY'S POV

HYUNJIN: Mom ple-

DAD: SHUT YOUR MOUTH! *slaps Hyunjin*

*BAM*

Hyunjin lost balance and he fell. His head hit onto the stair, he blacked out immediately after that slap. Whereas Y/N on the other hand was trying to catch her breath.

Y/N'S POV

Y/N: M-mom p-pl-please s-stop...

MOM: Sure, after this of course.

She grabbed onto my hair, with a knife on her hand, she cut off my hair. She let go of my hair while standing up, dropping the knife. The knife ended up cutting my leg. 

MOM: I don't want to see that mistake ever again, otherwise, I won't hesitate to stab you.

Mom and dad left. I was crying in pain while trying to catch my breath. I slowly pulled myself together and crawled to Hyunjin's side.

Y/N: H-hyunjin...wake u-up....

Hyunjin slowly opened his eyes and looked into my face.

HYUNJIN: Y-your h-hair...

Y/N: It's okay...can we j-just e-escape from here...I don't w-wanna live here anymore...

HYUNJIN: Let's go.

...........

Y/N: And that was our last day being abused. We will never forget that day until we die.

INTERVIEWER: Wow...I can't imagine the pain you and Hyunjin went through. I'm really glad that you two managed to escape it. It's a shame that Hyunjin can't join us due to his schedules.

Y/N: *nods*

.............

A/N: To anyone that is confused with the ending, basically Y/N is talking about her journey on how Hyunjin and her escaped their abusive parents in an interview. Hyunjin had a schedule at his art studio with a client so he was unable to join (Yes Hyunjin became an artist).