#10. Fell In Love With My Patient

#10. Fell In Love With My Patient - LEEKNOW ft. SEUNGMIN, Y/N

"EXCUSE ME! MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY! EMERGENCY!"

Y/N'S POV

I immediately run to the emergency hall when I heard there was an accident.

??: Dr Lee, you're here!

Y/N: What is his heart rate?

I approached the man, checking his condition

??: He's heart rate is still stable, but he's been severely injured and lost conscious.

Y/N: Bring the oxygen mask and move him to the surgery room, now!

We quickly shifted the patient to the surgery room. The surgeons and nurses changed their clothing and entered the room.

Y/N: Is Dr Kim Seungmin here?

??: He is in another surgery room at the moment, I think you have to lead the surgery.

Y/N: M-me?? But-

??: Or do you want me to call for him?

Y/N: Yes, please.

I can't, I really can't lead the surgery...No...

??: Dr Lee? Are you okay?

Y/N: Huh? Oh sorry, I was distracted by my thoughts.

??: Dr Kim said he will be here as soon as possible.

FIVE MINUTES LATER

SEUNGMIN: Why can't you lead it? He only broke his leg and arms. This is an easy one for you.

Y/N: I- I really can't...

SEUNGMIN: See me after this surgery is done.

I gulped, feeling guilty. As we were performing the surgery, I got distracted with the patient's face...He looks so handsome...

SEUNGMIN'S POV

Haih...this girl...ever since that accident she did, she never wanted to lead any surgeries...She's glad that she has me to help her...

TIMESKIP

Y/N'S POV

After the surgery ended, I volunteered to take care of the patient because I wish to know more about him. I'm still waiting for the anesthesia to wear off so he can wake up. I sat on a chair beside his bed, then he woke up.

Y/N: Hello, do you know where you are right now?

???: H-hospital-? 

Y/N: Yes, may I know if you are feeling any discomfort? And do you know what happened to you?

???: Just a slight headache, I think I was hit by a car...

Y/N: I'm sorry if I ask too much, but may I know your name and age, please?

???: My name is Lee Minho, but call me Lee Know. I'm 24, and you are-?

Y/N: Dr Lee Y/N.

LEEKNOW: I see...how long do I have to stay here?

Y/N: A while since you have to wait until your leg is in a condition where we can discharge you.

LEEKNOW: But the hospital fees...

Y/N: Do you have any problem with it, sir?

LEEKNOW: I- I don't think I can afford...

Y/N: I'll discuss it with the others about the fees. Now you just need to take a rest. If you need any assistance, please press that red button over there. 

LEEKNOW: Okay, thank you.

I smiled and left the room. Oh my gosh he's so handsome like is he even real-

SEUNGMIN: Why are you cheeks red as a tomato-

Y/N: AH! You scared me! Uh nothing haha- 

SEUNGMIN: I know you like him, right?

Y/N: Fine, yes I kinda like him..By the way, is it possible if I pay all of his fees?

SEUNGMIN: What? Why?

Y/N: I had a conversation with him and he told me he can't afford to pay all of it.

SEUNGMIN: I don't see why not, go ahead if you want to.

TIMESKIP

I took care of Leeknow by bringing him food and helping him to get around the hospital. We got quite close to each other quickly. I spent most of my free time with him, we would talk about random topics and joke around. About two months later, Leeknow started his therapy. Even though sometimes he falls, he gets up and tries again. 

TWO MONTHS LATER (After starting therapy)

As usual, I went inside Leeknow's room today to bring his favorite dessert. I saw him trying to get up on his own, noticing that he was about to fall, I quickly placed his food down and ran to him.

Y/N: Babe! I told you to not get up by yourself without any doctor or nurse's assistance! You could've fallen if I didn't came in time to support you.

LEEKNOW: I just wanted to be independent...

I helped him sit on his wheelchair and passed his food to him.

Y/N: Where do you wanna go?

LEEKNOW: The garden outside.

I pushed him to the garden outside. 

LEEKNOW: You sit on the bench, I wanna sit in my wheelchair today.

Y/N: Why did you suddenly wanna come out?

LEEKNOW: I'm really bad at this, but...Lee Y/N...You were one of the person who saved my life alongside Dr Kim. Without you two, I think I wouldn't be talking to you. The moment I opened my eyes after surgery, I fell for you. You beauty is really one of kind, same as your personality. You always spent you free time with me, helped me through my difficulties, and even paid all my fees. I'm so grateful to have you. Y/N, I wanna spend the rest of my life with you, so, will you marry me?

I saw him taking out a ring box from his pocket and opening it. Tears filled my eyes, I was at lost for words. I wiped my tears, and look into his eyes

Y/N: Yes!

I came closer and gave him a hug. He broke the hug and connected his lips with mine.