Chapter Twelve- Nervous Shark

(six months in, on seventh)

Kirishima had a recent phone call with his mom. It was about his dad. The omega didn't really feel like talking about him, but it was necessary. She said that the police wanted to interrogate them and ask how he was to them. Of course there was the hanging evidence that Mr. Kirishima had assaulted a child. But they couldn't really get any other closure. His friends said he was a nice guy, co-workers said that he was hard-working and mostly kept to himself.

It didn't really matter what his co-workers said. He never brought his kids to bring-your-kid-to-work-day, they all usual went with their mom. His friends also barely hang out with Mrs. Kirishima nor at the Kirishima household to know.

She was basically asking what she should do. She didn't want her husband to go to jail, but she felt like it was for the better. Eijiro felt the same, but he knew that he was going to be honest about what his dad put him through.

The redhead told her that. To just be honest about he did. Kirishima knew from many times of coming to his mom and sisters crying that she had been hurt as well. Arguments play in Kirishima's mind while he was hiding with his sisters. It made him huff out in anger.

They talked a bit longer before her break was over and she had to go back to work.

"You sure you're going to be comfortable enough to talk about him?" Bakugou asked. Aizawa explained to him earlier that the police wanted to talk to him too.

"I don't know," the redhead shrugged, sitting down on the edge of the bed. The blond crawled over and gave him a hug from behind. Kirishima leaned his head back and closed his eyes, allowing himself to be cradled. "Will you stay in the room with me?" He asked, moving to hold one of blond's hands that was gripping him. The blond lifted his hand and their fingers intertwined before going back to press against the omega's body.

"Of course," Kirishima sighed. In all reality, Kirishima was a little scared to be honest. I mean that literally. He's afraid of being honest about his dad. He's mostly worried that they would find nothing against him, and he'll know that his family testified against him. Just the thought of his anger made him shiver.

"You alright Ei?" The alpha asked. He could feel the shiver that racked through Kirishima's body.

"No, not really," the redhead shook his head. Kirishima is a terrible liar and Bakugou would know if he was lying.

"What's wrong?" Kirishima took a deep breath and explained. Told Bakugou how he was worried they wouldn't find it as enough, or someone would bail him out. Told him how he was worried that he'll hurt his mom or come back to the dorms to try and hurt him. The alpha sat there and listened. Every word was taken to heart.

"You've got nothing to worry about Eiji, I'll talk with Aizawa, see if we could keep him off campus and away from the dorms," Bakugou got Kirishima to lay back against the headboard and covered him with a blanket. "If he does come here he's not getting anywhere near you, you won't have to deal with him again," Kirishima nodded.

"Do you need anything, some food to help calm your nerves?" Kirishima nodded again, receiving his laptop from Bakugou to scroll and find something to watch. "I'll be right back," the blond gave him a kiss on the cheek before getting on a shirt and leaving the room, later coming back with food.

--

The officers arrive and held them in that very same room that the two boys spoke with Mr. Kirishima. The blond already had his go with the police, now it was the omega's turn. They didn't want to put much stress on the redhead's shoulders so they allowed the blond to stay.

They asked some, generic questions if you will. Things like: "Are your parents drug addicts or acholics?" Which was a no; "Have your parents ever done anything illegal?" Which was an "I don't know". Then came to the million dollar question:

"Have you ever been hurt by your parents, physically or mentally?"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Eiji?" Bakugou turned to look at Kirishima. His hands were deathly locked to the bottom of the chair, his face distorted to a look of worry; which wasn't helping Bakugou; and the redhead was breathing quickly, like he was gasping for air silently.

Then he just broke down. He covered his face as he sobbed, tears falling fast down his cheeks. Bakugou was just as quick to stand up and shush his boyfriend as the redhead nodded.

The police were stone cold to this reaction, Mrs. Kirishima had done the exact same thing earlier. But one officer, probably a rookie, was there trying to comfort Kirishima as well.

The officers thanked the two for their time and sent them on their way. Kirishima clutched on his comfort shark as the blond sat him down on the dormitory couch. Others were there, but had no idea what was really going on, they just assumed pregnancy was taking a toll on the redhead.

"Have you been eating healthy? The babies need plenty of nutrition," Iida asked. Kirishima chuckled as he nodded. Bakugou had gone to make Kirishima food while the omega spoke to Iida, Tokoyami, and Aoyama.

The sparkling blond said that he knows that the babies will be gorgeous, which Kirishima found to be quite nice. Iida asked him tons of questions, like what he's been eating, who's going to take care of them while Kirishima is in class, ect. Tokoyami was trying to calm Dark Shadow since he was excited, Kirishima found it funny but really cute.

Bakugou came back with food and sat next to the redhead on the couch. He wishes he could cuddle up with Kirishima, have him sit on his lap or something, anything. But the only people who know are the Bakusquad. And he doesn't exactly want to get a lecture about PDA from the school prez. Not that he particularly likes it anyways. He just doesn't like basically eating someone's face in public. Besides, it made Kirishima more comfortable if he didn't.

He huffed. Then he remembered their conversation with the police. How Kirishima started bawling his eyes out when they asked that specific question. Is that why he doesn't want their relationship to be public? Because he's scared of his father? It would certainly explain some things. The blond wishes he could make Kirishima forget whatever he had endured while being raised by that man. He's happy the redhead isn't like him. Happy that Kirishima is better, he's kind and sweet.

But soon they wouldn't have to worry about that man. Ever. Again.

--

After a long conversation with Iida about this and that. They finally made it back into the dorm room. The blond landed face first into the mattress, needing a recharge from socializing. Kirishima chuckled as he tossed the shark onto the chair and sat down next to Bakugou, rubbing his back. The alpha relaxed under his hands and turned his face to be close to the redhead's thigh.

"Almost time for the baby shower," Kirishima said.

"And almost time that you pop," Bakugou said, referring to when the babies will be born. Kirishima nodded. Just next month and then somewhere in that month afterwards. He was excited, he honestly didn't think he'd make it this far.

But he was also very nervous. What if something went wrong? Will the babies be okay? Will he be okay? When will it happen? Bakugou felt the sudden stop in Kirishima's movements, feeling as if something's wrong.

"Something wrong Eijiro?" The blond had gotten onto his elbows and looked straight up at Kirishima. The omega shook his head.

"Just getting close to due date, and getting nervous, everything will be fine though," the redhead gave the blond a nervous chuckle but very genuine smile.

"Do you want a massage?" Kirishima nodded and turned away from the blond to receive the massage that was being promised.