1

June 17th, 2005
———————————

"The serial killer known as, "The red Devil" is on the loose. We advise staying indoors and keeping your doors locked. So far 5 bodies have been found linked to this k-"

You groaned as you switched the radio in your car to some cheesy pop song. You really didn't want to listen to that serial killer garbage anymore. Especially because the killer was located in the town you were currently moving into. It was just too scary.

You rolled down the window of your car and stuck your arm out the drivers side. Rows and rows of giant windmills passed your vision. The air was hot, and sticky, and your trashy little car didn't exactly have working air conditioning.

The music blared as the wind blew through your hair. Today... was moving day.

You made a quick glance at the back seat of your car. Everything was still in order! Most of your stuff was shoved into the trunk, but the rest had to be stuffed in the empty seats of your car.

You turned your head back to focus on the road. It didn't really feel like you were getting anywhere, considering most of the things you passed on your way to town was grass or the lone gas station.

Apparently, the town you were moving into had about 500-ish people living in it. An EXTREMELY small town where everyone knows everyone. You're sure to be a surprise.

Currently, you were on your way to a tiny little ranch house that (hopefully) you'll be able to call home.

"One more hour to go..." you mumbled to yourself. This drive was exhausting. Especially because you basically moved across the entire country. But it's for the best. Your parents don't talk to you either, so it's not like you had much going on back at your old home other than your job.

Your job.....

You sighed and turned the radio up higher. You were not going to think about years of wasted medical school and student debt. Today was going to be a good day! And you would make sure of it.

——————

Bob was currently working the grill. He worked at a little place in town called "Boys and Grills". It was a cute little restaurant, one of the only ones in town that was also a functioning bar.

He was hot. So fucking hot. The air conditioning was doing jack shit, and there was about 40 people crammed into the tiny-ass restaurant.

The patrons were loud, the grills were hot, Bob was sweating.... He just wanted to finish his shift and get done as soon as possible.

"Hey, Bob."
He was knocked out of his trance. Bob looked over at the regular that was sitting at the bar right next to his grill.

"Did you hear?" The regular spoke, "Someone new is moving in today."

Bob perked up at that. Someone new? That was a rare occurrence.

He cleared his throat and looked over at the regular. "Oh yeah?" He asked, flipping a burger.

The regular smiled and swirled his drink. "Yeah, and I heard that they're a former surgeon. Apparently they'll be helping out at the hospital."

Hospital... if you could call it that. It was basically the biggest building in town. But the catch is that it was home to a morgue, a crematorium, psych ward, AND a classic hospital. The city couldn't really afford to have separate buildings.

Bob chuckled and looked at the regular. "Well, I hope they're nice. I cant deal with anymore assholes in this town."

"Ain't that right." The regular took a swig of his drink and slammed it down on the counter. "Welp, I'll be off. I gotta get to work. See ya Bob."