17

October 4th, 2005
—————————-

You drag Bob inside, shutting the door and locking it. He watches as you walk down the length of the living room, shaking. He says nothing as you turn to face him.

There's tears in your eyes, and it looks like you're about to burst into tears. "Bob. I'm trying not to freak out." Hot tears slide down your cheeks. "I-I don't think...I don't think it's working."

You begin to sob. Bob watches as you wipe your eyes with shaky hands. He quickly walks towards you, pulling you into a hug. You continue to cry, and with each sob Bob clutches you a little tighter.

"Calm down Darlin'. Tell me what's wrong." Bob says, stroking your hair. You sniff and pull away, looking up at his worried face.

"It's... ouuughh...." You groan, pinching the bridge of your nose. Crying gives you headaches. "Matt. He was here... and now..." you inhale. "He's dead."

Well, yeah, Bob knows that. What he didn't know however, is that you would take it this hard.

He killed Matt for you - why are you crying? Why are you sad? You continue to perplex him. Bob gently grabs your face, angling it up towards his. He wipes your tears with his thumb, and you hiccup from crying so hard.

You look at him as he continues to stroke your cheek. "I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore." You sigh, falling into his chest for another hug. He's warm, and smells nice. You calm down as he wraps his arms around you.

"I'm scared." You whimper, gripping onto his shirt.

Bob nuzzles his face in your hair. "You don't need to be scared." He takes a deep breath, the scent of your hair drifting into his nostrils. "I'll protect you. I promise."

His voice rumbles throughout your body, your head resting against his chest. You simply nod, still clutched on to him.

This is nice.

Bob pulls away, looking into your teary eyes. You laugh dryly, looking away. "I look insane. I know."

Bob shakes his head. "No. You look beautiful."

You pause, looking at him with a face of shock. Normally that comment wouldn't shake you so much but...

You turn away from him. "Why do you say things like that?"

Bob frowns, missing your touch already. "What do you mean?"

"The flirty comments... the nice gestures..." you sigh. "You're making it impossible not to have feelings for you, Bob."

...

What?

Bob simply stands there, face red. You quickly realize what you just let slip out, waving your hands around. "I mean! It's just! Oh my god!" You cover your flaming face with your hands.

It's silent before Bob lets out a laugh. A genuine laugh, one of which you rarely get to hear. He puts his hands up to his face, trying to play cool. The both of you are completely flustered messes, unsure of what to say or do next.

You've completely forgot about Matt now. Now, all that matters is the fact that Bob is a foot away from you, staring into your soul. You stare back, until he breaks the silence.

"...do you have feelings for me, (Y/N)?" He asks, his hand in front of his flaming face.

You stand there, dumbfounded. "Um."

He gets closer, backing you against a wall, he leans down, getting close to your face. "Let me ask again."

He puts his hands on either side of your body, effectively blocking you in. "Do you?" He asks, his voice low. He's really close - you can feel his hot breath on your neck as the tension grows.