9

August 21st, 2005
——————————

Your eyes flutter open. The smell of something cooking wakes you up, and it smells really good.

But you live alone?????

Fearing that the killer broke into your house again, you reach for your switchblade resting on your bedside table. Ever so quietly, you tip-toe out of your bedroom, holding the knife in front of you.

Careful not to make a sound, you make your way down the hall and into the kitchen. Peeking into the kitchen, you see....

"Bob?" You lower the knife.

Bob turns around, a sweet smile on his face. He eyes the knife in your hand. "(Y/N)? You alright, sunshine?" Bob asks.

Sunshine. That's a new one.

Scratching the back of your head in embarrassment, you slide the knife into your pocket. "M sorry... I thought you were a serial killer."

Bob laughs, turning around. "Don't worry. It's just me." He turns back around and gestures for you to sit at the kitchen island. "I made breakfast."

He places the plate in front of you. It's eggs and bacon, shaped in a smiling face. Unable to control your giddiness, you look at Bob. "Oh my god. This is so cute!!!!" You laugh, once again looking at the happy breakfast that stares up at you.

Bob smiles. "Just like you."

You pause, fork mid air. "What?"

Bob stares back at you, emboldened. "I said you're cute."

You look away, face fuming. "Oh hah.... thank you... you're cute too."

Bob didn't expect you to compliment him back, so his face quickly turns beet red. Turning around, he fiddles with the eggs on the stove.

Chewing, you ask, "Hey why are you here anyway? Not to be rude. But I thought you left after last night?"

"I slept on your couch. I was... too tired to walk home." That was a lie. He just wanted to be around you some more.

You drop your fork. "Bob!! You should have told me! I would've let you borrow my bed."

Completely flabbergasted with the fact that he could have slept in your bed, Bob just nods. Changing the subject, he asks, "So you and that cop. You're buddies now?" His tone gave away his jealousy. But you didn't comment on that. Instead, you poked at your eggs.

"Jack? We're... I wouldn't say buddies. I'd say more of acquaintances?" You take a bite and swallow. "He helped me the night I was chased by the Red Devil killer. He put bandaids on my knees."

"Hmm." Bob hums. He doesn't know why, but it makes him mad that the police officer was the one to help you that night. Not that he could have helped you anyway, for obvious reasons.

"Yeah. Although his wound-cleaning technique was adequate at best." You laugh and take a sip of orange juice. "Are you gonna eat?"

"I already did."

"Oh okay."

Twiddling your thumbs, you look to Bob again. "Thanks for breakfast. That was really nice of you. And it was really good!"

Happy with the compliment, Bob smiles. "Glad you liked it darlin'."

You stand up to take your plate to the sink. "Not to be rude or anything... but are you gonna stay? I don't want to keep you."

Bob is close to you, watching you scrub your dish. "Do you want me to stay?"

It would really be nice to hang out with someone... "Yeah. We can hang out! I don't really have anything to do today."