4

June 20th, 2005
—————————

Another body has been found linked to the red devil killer. So far, 6 bodies have been linked to him. If anybody has any information, please call the local police department.

"Why do they call him the red devil killer?" You asked.

Currently you were at Lila's house, snaking on the cookies you made and drinking tea with her. You wanted to try and get to know her better.

Lila sipped her tea. "They call him that because witnesses have spotted a man wearing a red devil costume constantly near the crime scenes." She sighs. "Nobody can catch him though."

You hummed in thought. "And how many police officers are working in this town?"

"Two."

"...two hundred?"

"No. Literally two."

"Oh."

Lila smiled at your downcast face. "Hey, it's okay! You just need to set a curfew for yourself and don't stay out after dark. He kills at night anyways."

That didn't make you feel better. If anything, it made you feel like a kid again with a curfew. Suffocating.

Lila is doing a crossword puzzle. "You know..." she starts. "Some people say it's the guy that owns Boys and Grills. Have you met him?"

You shiver. "Bob? Wait what? Why? And yeah I've met him. He came over to my house a few days ago."

Lila raises her eyebrows at you. "Huh. That's strange."

"What's strange?" You ask.

"He's a nice guy and all, but nobody ever really sees him outside of the restaurant. He just kind of keeps to himself."

You frown at that. He's so friendly... TOO friendly. You're surprised that he doesn't get out more.

You look at Lila. "Well, when he was over.... Nothing seemed out of the ordinary." You exclude the underwear part. "And he was really nice and funny."

Lila smirks. "That's how they get you (Y/N)..." she raises her arms up in a scary position, like she was getting ready to grab you. "Evil is always hiding in plain sight!" And at that, she brings her hands down and bops your nose.

You're a little taken aback by this, but laugh anyways. Quickly you realize that she was just joking around. "Don't do that Lila!"

You both laugh and continue to sip your tea.

You both didn't realize the ominous figure lurking outside, looking at both of you.

———————

"I'll see you later!" You wave, heading out of Lila's house.

She waves back. "Thanks for the cookies! And be safe!"

You nod your head and walk away. You had one cookie left that you kept for Bob. You wanted to give it to him at work as thanks for helping you unpack. Plus... you were kinda hungry.

So you made your way over to Boys and Grills, the smells of burgers wafting through the air. Your mouth watered slightly as you walked in the door, little bell attached making itself known again.

You knew you could just seat yourself, so you sat down at the bar like last time. You drummed your fingers on the counter as Bob approached you.

"Heya Darlin'! How are you?" He asks, putting a menu down in front of you. You decide not to question the nickname and smile back at him. "I'm good thanks!"