11

****Merry Christmas and happy holidays friends! ****

September 21st, 2005
————————————

There have now been EIGHT bodies connected to the Red Devil Killer. If you have any information that will prove useful, please call the local police tip line.

The Tv is blaring.

"(Y/N). Are you seeing this? There's been another body found recently. Well... what was left of a body anyway." Kira points at the TV, angling her body to yours.

It has been a few days since Kira has come to stay with you. Currently, she's sitting on the couch in her PJ's shoveling popcorn into her mouth. It was movie night, and you were in the kitchen making more popcorn.

"Uh... yeah." You respond half heartedly, attention more on the popcorn you're currently seasoning.

Kira speaks up again, mouth full. "I can't believe they haven't found any evidence or anything. This has been going on for months now, the dude is bound to make a mistake."

You sit down next to her, popcorn bowl in hand. "Well it's kinda hard when there's literally two working police officers." You grab a handful and pop it into your mouth. "This town is so tiny. It's kind of a shame they can't hire anyone else."

"Hm. Yeah." Kira shifts through the movie DVDs. "What're we feeling tonight? Kill Bill? 50 First Dates?" Kira gasps and pulls out a DVD. "Ooh! 13 going on 30?"

"That's fine with me."

"Sweet!" Kira pops the DVD in and makes her way over to the couch. "This is one of my favorites."

"Me too."

—-

The movie is nearly over, with both you and Kira sound asleep next to each other. The only sound is the slight noise of the movie and Kira's quiet snoring next to you. That being said, a huge bang wakes you up immediately, jolting up from your position.

What the hell....

The bang happens again, sending you flying off the couch in surprise. Kira wakes up too, snorting. "mmm.. what is ... that awful noise..."

You turn to her, shaking her shoulders a bit. "Kira. Wake up."

She is fully awake now. She rubs her eyes, looking at you. "Huh?"

"Did you hear that? The bang?"

"M... yeah." Kira stretches a bit. "Maybe it's the wind?"

BANG!

It sounds much closer this time, startling the both of you. You stand up, carefully and slowly navigating around the couch. It sounds like it's coming from your room. You slowly navigate to the kitchen and grab a rolling pin.

Kira gets up, standing behind you. "Um... did someone break in?" She whispers, grabbing your arm.

"I don't know. Follow me and be quiet."

Kira simply nods as she follows you down the hall to your room. You clutch the rolling pin, knuckles turning white. So far, you hadn't heard the bang again.

You turn the corner into your room, waving around the rolling pin. "AAAHH!!!"

....

"There's nothing." Kira sighs in relief. She comes up behind you, putting her hand on your shoulder. "Are you alright?"

You turn around to face her. "Yeah I'm-" your face pales and you look up.

"What?" Kira asks. She eyes your terrified expression and slowly turns around to see what you're looking at.