10

TW: this chapter deals with a tiny bit of s*icide discussion. Read at ur own discretion.

September 15th, 2005
———————————

As fall approaches and the air steadily gets chillier, you're suddenly reminded of the fact that your older sister Kira was supposed to visit you. You and her had discussed it last month, but it didn't become a reality until recently. She would be flying from Seattle all the way to Iowa.

She wasn't telling your mom she was coming either, which made you a little nervous for her well-being. Your sister had always stood up for you when it came to your mom being a hard-ass. That's why she was one of your only friends back home. She was the only one who understood how you were treated. But she knew you and mom don't keep in contact anymore, which is why she's visiting you in secret.

You were incredibly excited to see her again, and introduce her to all the friends you've made here. Maybe even take her to have lunch at Boys and Grills as well! She could meet Bob.

Hopefully she would like him. She was always incredibly protective when it came to you. But Bob was nice, and she probably wouldn't see him as a threat.

Right?

Brushing off the paranoia, you jump out of bed, ready to conquer the day. Today you had a few important things to do before Kira got here. Buy extra food, wash your bed sheets, clean the bathroom....

Ugh. It's so much. But she would be staying for a week, so it would only be polite to tidy up a bit. Stepping out of the shower, you quickly got dressed for the day. Kira wouldn't land until 4:30, so you had quite a bit of time to prepare. You hoped Kira liked your house. Yes, it was still green, but you painted it a softer green about a month ago. The green kinda grew on you.

Welp! Time to get some chores done.

———————

4:30PM
————-

You promised you'd pick Kira up at the airport. So here you stand, waiting for her. The airport is pretty empty, save for a few security guards and patrons milling about.

You haven't seen your sister ever since you moved, so you could barely contain your excitement seeing her come down the escalator. You vibrated with excitement as she came running up to you.

"(Y/N)!" Kira tackles you in a hug, and you hug back. "Oh my baby I missed you!!!"

"I missed you too!" You smiled, pulling away from the hug. She smells like vanilla, and you sneak a peek at her perfectly manicured nails. She looks immaculate and put together as always.

She smiles and looks at you. "You look amazing. You're practically glowing!" She makes a gesture at your face. "How have you been!?!! I've missed my little sibling so much!"

You both walk down the airport, Kira pulling her suitcase along with one hand, and her other arm linked around yours. "So! How've you been? How's mom?" You ask.

She rolls her eyes. "Oh you know. Bitchy as ever. But what's new?" She eyes you. "I'm fucking starving. Those tiny ass bags of peanuts they give you on the flight is not enough to sustain me."

You laugh. "I know a good place we can eat at. Plus, you can meet one of the friends I've made."

She smiles and waves her hands around happily. "Oh you've made friends? Plural? You've grown up so much! I'm so proud of you."

You turn red in embarrassment. "Staaawwwpp..." you really enjoyed when she praised you. Your mom never did, so Kira was basically your only supporter in life until you moved. "Let's go get some good ass food."