5

July 12th, 2005
—————————-

It's been a few weeks since you've moved in. Ever since Bob walked you home a few weeks ago, you hadn't seen him since. Apparently he went to go visit some family.

You were hanging out with Lila in the meantime, getting to know her better. She was sweet, and you ended up meeting her friend June as well. They were both nice friends to you.

You also decided to repaint your house, and you officially finished unpacking. Your house was starting to look like a home.

Although... something strange has been happening lately.

Every time you open your door in the morning to go for a jog, there's a dead animal at your doorstep.

Sometimes it's a rabbit, or a squirrel, a mouse... even a snake popped up one time. It was strange, and at first you thought it was just the neighborhood cat. But it became too much of a regular occurrence for that to be the case. You tried contacting the police, but they said there wasn't much they could do. You eventually just chalked it up to being a sick prank.

The weird thing however... was that every animal that showed up on your doorstep was always missing something. A leg, eye, a heart even. They always came to you in multiple pieces. It was gross, and you eventually got tired of burying them in your backyard so you switched to just throwing them away. You felt bad but... there wasn't much you could do.

You had told Lila about this situation, and she asked a couple other people if dead animals had been showing up on their doorsteps.

But that wasn't the case. It was just yours.

And one day.... It just stopped. After happening consistently for almost two weeks, you no longer dreaded opening the door in the morning. Maybe the animal that was bringing them to you died... or something? Either way, you were grateful not to be saddled with the responsibility of cleaning up animal remains every day.

As you padded over to your clunky computer, you received a text from Lila.

Lila: hey (Y/N)! Do you want to go to the yearly summer fair with me and June? You can bring any friends you want!

You: Yeah sure! But what's the yearly summer fair?

Lila: Every year the mayor has some company come and set up rides and games in that empty plot of land a few miles from here :)

You: oh okay! I think I know what you're taking about. Sure I'll come! Should be fun :D

Lila: k! Meet me at my house Saturday at 5pm. Bring a friend if u want!

You: ok! see u soon. :)

Bring a friend huh... your only other friend besides Lila and June was Bob. He did get back in town yesterday.... Maybe he'd wanna come?

You decide after some thought that you'll text him and ask.
—————

Bob is in the middle of dismembering some poor soul. He turns his power saw off however, when he notices he got a text. Flipping his phone open, he sees that it's from you.

He doesn't text very often. If he did, it was only really to text you.

He peeled off his bloody gloves and read the message.

You: hi Bob! do u wanna come to the fair with me on Saturday?

The fair huh... well... he did want to catch up with you. He hadn't seen you in over a week. It would be good to keep up your facade of a friendship.