A boring day

Third person pov

What a boring day. Chemistry should be banned Mia thought. She wasn't your typical stupid popular girl. She was quite smart but she just don't care about these stupid benzene compounds. On the other hand Rose was sat in her own class listening to the teacher explaining some bodily mechanism. Biology was her favorite. . She wanted to be a doctor. But she knew it was just a dream. Her mom and step dad will never let her. Hell they are sending her to school so no one suspect anything. She will be definitely not going to college.
Suddenly they both here an announcement:
Mia James and Rose James report to the principals office.

( James is the last name of their stepfather. )

They both were startled at this. There teachers let them leave. Rose was wondering why would they call her.
For Mia it was nothing new, she was the mean girl of this school. She has received detentions before for bully comments before.
Mia was there first. Rose was a bit slow due to her ribs hurting. She had gotten a hell of a beating last night.
Mia had simply kept eating. She even commented that she deserves it.
When they were both there the principal told them to sit. They looked around and saw a police officer.
"Miss James I am extremely sorry to inform you that your mother and stepfather both died in a car crash."
Hearing this Rose felt nothing while Mia felt a pang of sadness. A tere slipped down her cheek before she wiped it away. She was close to them. Especially her mom. Her step dad acted civil towards her cause he knew her mom would be livid if he mistreated her and he needed her to pay the bills. He was an alcoholic and his job on the counter of a gas station did not pay well. Her mom though worked as a secretary in a company. The company wasn't big but the pay was decent. Her mom dotted on her and her step dad pretended to love her at least.
Then it dawned on both of them, they were dead. Will they go in foster system. Rose was terrified that she will just go to some other monsters. Mia was also scared she had seen what people can do to the ones they hate. She has heard stories about the system. She doesn't deserve it her sister dose.
"What now ? " She asked in a small voice. "Your father and brothers will take you two in. They are coming tomorrow morning. " Hearing this both were shocked. Mother told them they had no other family. Mia thought she can live with them if they were not piss poor. She didn't have any love for them as she didn't know them. Rose was scared they will treat her like her mom and step dad. They were told to go home and pack. Mia was not exited as she didn't know what was coming. Rose was up all night thinking what was to come.