Family time revelations

Rose pov

I changed into a hoodie and matching pyjamas that Victor got me today.

I am adjusting to this life quite well

I am adjusting to this life quite well. Everyone seems to be so loving.

Now only if Victor had let me see the results. He gave me my test results but not the results for the samples.
And I have a suspicion whats going to happen tonight.
I want to avoid it at all cost.
Only if I could.
As I walked downstairs to join everyone for dinner they all greeted me. Some time later Mia came down in a grey tank top and shorts.

Suddenly the tension in the room increased tenfold

Suddenly the tension in the room increased tenfold. She sat down in her usual spot and we all started eating.
I was halfway through my meal when a throat cleared.
"Girls, tomorrow we are having a family day. So you won't be going to school. " Dad said.
"Family day... But why tomorrow. "
Mia asked. There was a hint of wariness in her voice.
"Well you both have been living with us for a quite a while now. So we should bond with each other and get to know each other. " Damon said.
This time both of us just nodded.
Well damm.

Time skip

Third person pov
Everyone was sitting down on the couch in front of the TV along with some popcorn.
They all decided to watch a movie. When the credits rolled Damon said out of nowhere.
"How did your test go Rose. "
"It was fine. " She answered. "It says I am allergic to nuts , dyes and preservative . "
"Well there won't be anymore nuts in your food and the servants use dye and preservative free detergent. Did you ate any nuts yesterday. " Damon asked. His eyes were observing.
"No I don't think so. " Rose said.
"Hmm" Was his only answer.
"Well Mia do you have any allergies. " Dimitri asked.
"Sesame seeds. " She answered.

"How is it that you know your allergies but Rose didn't. Did mother only got you checked. '' he said.
"W-well Rose is umm a bit scared of needles so ...she didn't want to get tested and we didn't want to force her. " She said stuttering.
"Cut the crap Mia!!" Dimitri snarled at her out of nowhere. Mia froz while Rose flinched at his tone.
"We know you put crushed nuts in her water and put detergent with preservative on her clothes."
He stood up and left. After a few moments he returned with a detergent box. "We found this in your room. "
Mia had gone pale. She stood up from her seat. "I.. I don't know what you mean. ''
Everyone else stood up too.

"We have cameras all over the house except the bedrooms. " Kirill said. "We saw you put powdered nuts in Rose's water in the kitchen and enter her bedroom with the detergent. "
Mia knew it was no use lying. So she quickly changed tactics.
"Yes I did it. But it was only a prank. "
"A prank huh. By any chance you have any idea about Rose's scars. "
Dimitri asked glaring at her.
"No.. No I don't know anything. " She said pleadingly.
"Rose.. " Nikolai said hesitating.
"Yes dad. " Rose said.
"How did you got those scars sweety. And don't even think about lying. Believe me I would know. "

" Umm uh m- mom and our... Step father.. They used to....to.. do it. "
Rose said stammering. Tears started running down her cheeks. She didn't know what to say. How to explain.
" Did Mia ever abused you alongside them. " Dimitri asked her.
"No." She simply answered. It was true Mia never hit har like their mom. She just turned the other way and ignored it.
She looked at Mia. She stood there shivering. Tears were streaming down her face smudging her makeup.
"Look at me. " Damon said.
She looked up and met a cold unwavering gaze. A shiver ran down her spine.
" Answer me this and answer me truthfully. Did Mia knew about the abuse. "
"Y-yes. "
"Did she ever even once take part in it. "
She tried to remember. She couldn't remember anything from their preteens till present. But before that she did hit her occasionally or threw food and other things at her. Though it was always when mom had asked her to. She even used to refuse but then mom would slap her tell her to do it.
"W-when we were little and if mom asked... She would dump f-food on m-me. Boiling soup...But only when a-asked. She hadn't for a few years now. S-she would say to m-mom to do it herself cause I don't m-matter to her enough to do it. "
And that was when the damm inside her broke down.
She cried and talked her heart out.
She told them about all the horrible things that happened to her.
She told them about the physical abuse from her mom. She told them about the verbal abuse from Mia.
And that's when Mia who had been frozen till then came out of her shock.
"No no nonono. I -I didn't mean to. I s-swear. I didn't want to ignore her. Didn't mean to say mean things to her... She w-was just weak. Yes-yes. I wouldn't have if she wasn't weak. "
She turned to Damon crying.
" Believe me. It was all her fault."

She saw the look in his eyes. It reminded her of an apex predator. She suddenly remembered all that her mom had taught her.
" This.... This has to be a-a t-test right.
Believe me I know she is prey. Y-you are doing this because you think I forgot. N-no. I remember. It was just the teacher pairing me with her. I made a deal to not b-bother her. That's why I didn't. But I swere I know what s-she deserve. "
She suddenly lunged at Rose. Dimitri threw himself between them. He shoved her away and she stumbled back.

"What the hell do you think you are doing. Stay the fuck away from her. I can't believe someone can do this to their own twin. You are disgusting.!!!!"
Huh... Mia couldn't believe it. She had again gone and done what her instinct had said. It was the instinct her mom had engraved in her for years.
Attack the weaker so you can prove your self strong. Then everyone will respect you.
"I-i.... '' she started.

" SHUT UP YOU BITCH!! " Victor yelled at her. His face was full of rage. He didn't want to believe it. He was the closest to Mia.
Was everything about her fake. Was the bond that they shared nothing but a lie. He wondered.
"Did you lie about everything. Even what we shared... " His voice cracked.
"No" Mia chocked on a sob.

It wasn't a lie. At first she wasn't sure about any of them but with time she started to care. She did care about her family. The time she spent with them had brought them closer. God knew she doesn't do feelings. But they had changed it. In this time she had even started to like Rose a little bit. Their daily matches in during gym. Forgetting their differences for a while due to the high from a win. She had even hesitated to execute her allergie plan. But that overhead conversation and fear of loosing this family had made her do it.

Well the jokes on her. She is still loosing her family. Now if she thinks about it the conversation hadn't been clear. If only she had thought for a second.

Victor couldn't bear to look at her. He ran out of there.
She fell on her knees sobbing.
Rose was frozen on her place. She hadn't thought they would be this mad on Mia. No one had stood up for her against Mia.
Nikolai grabbed Mia's arm and told her to stand up. His face was unreadable. He dragged her to her room and locked her in saying "I will deal with you later. "

A/N
So sorry for late update.
College has kept me busy.
I will be updating weekly from now on.
If I am anable to update on Saturday I will surely update on Sunday. But there will be a weekly update. I promise.
-Author ❣️