I don't pout

Kirill pov

Click click click click......

As I sit here in front of my computer only one thing is going on and on in my mind.
It's not true it's 𝘯𝘰𝘵 true. It can't be.
My computer is the only place where I find some sort of peace. Everything else goes quite as the clicks of the keyboard echo in my mind.
But that's not the case today.
𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 let it not be true.
I don't even know who I am praying to. Mom was the only one who used to believe in God. At least she did before running with the twins.
Hell why am I even doing this.
Oh right.
Because dad said so.
Also I am the only one who can hack into the schools cameras.
My fingers still as the footage from yesterday plays on the screen. I watched intently the whole recording. Rose was fine all day until gym.
She didn't eat anything in lunch that she hasn't eaten before. Just a slice of pizza with coke.
They were running laps in the gym. Water from her bottle was the only thing she drank during gym.
Hmmm.
Could it be that someone slipped something in her water.
I went to her room. No one was here since Victor took her to get tested so we know exactly what things she is allergic to.
Mia went to school.
I went to her desk and got her bottle out of her bag.
I came down stairs and fetched a bowl and emptied the water in it.
In the black bowl I could easily see powdered particals of something. At least those particals that hadn't yet dissolved.
Well looks like I have to send this water for a little test. I poured it back in the bottle.
But first how did this get in the water.
I saw the recordings and no one touched Rose's bottle in school. That leaves one other place to look.

Here.

Victor pov

As I parked the car my phone rang.
Ugh why was Kirill calling me.
"What." I said picking up.
"I am sending someone with a water sample get it tested along with the clothes. " He said.
"Fine." I said hanging up.
"Who was that. " Rose asked from the passenger seat.
"Just kirill. " She nodded and we both got out.
"I have to wait for someone here so why don't we get some icecream there and then go inside the hospital. "
I said pointing to the little ice cream shop opposite the hospital.
She nodded her eyes twinkling.
I had noticed on drive here how tense she was.
When this morning dad had told her that she was not going to school and coming with me to the hospital instead she had panicked.
She started crying that she hates needles. It doesn't takes a genius to guess why. With her experiences I would say she was pocked with them often. It took almost twenty minutes to calm her down and an extra thirty to convince her to come with me.
"So what flavors have you eaten before. Let's stick to them until we know what you are allergic to. "
She nodded and said
"Chocolate."
I got her a chocolate and myself a vanilla. As we finished our ice cream one of our house gaurds parked behind my car and got out.
I went to him as he nodded respectfully to me. He handed me a water bottle.
"That's my bottle. " Rose said from behind me.
Huh looks like Kirill found the source of her first reaction. I dismissed the gaurd and went inside with Rose. We went to the labs first where I dropped Rose's clothes from yesterday and the water bottle.
Dad owned this hospital which comes in handy often due to our work.
After dropping the things and threatening the doctors about any mistakes I took Rose to get tested.
All was going fine until the needles came out...

Rose pov

I was sitting on the hospital bed shaking. The doctor and Victor both tried to calm me down but it wasn't working. It didn't help that the doctor was a female. Mom used to prick me with needles out of no where. Once when I was doing the dishes after they all had eaten except me she suddenly pocked me in my breast. I don't have developed breasts like Mia although I am the same age but still the needle had sunk deep in the little flesh I have there. I hadn't even noticed she was standing behind me, it was so sudden.
She had stood there laughing as I tried to get the needle out. My step dad was laughing too and Mia like usual looked away. She too laughed but it sounded forced.
But no one can tell when she isn't fake so maybe the laugh was genuine.
All other times of mom pricking me flashed before me.
What the hell happened to the oxygen in the room!
"Breathe Rose breath. "
I heard Victor but breathing was becoming more difficult.
Victor placed my hand on his chest.
"Just follow my breathing, you can do it sweaty. ''
I could feel his heart beat against my hand. As we breathed together the ringing in my head faded.
" You are ok, it's ok. " Victor said.
I just nodded shakily.
"If you don't want to have the test today then we can come back another time. " He said.
I shook my head. I wanted to get it over with and never come back.
I looked at the doctor who was standing there with a frown.
"C-Can I get another doctor. I am embarrassed and want to start over with someone who didn't saw that. "
I lied. Well I couldn't say that her being a female with the exact hair color as mom and a needle in hand was scaring me.
She smiled at me and nodded.
"Of course, but just to let you know there is nothing embarrassing about having a panic attack.
With that she left and in her place a different doctor came in. Also female but she looked nothing like mom.
But the needle still scared me.
Looking at my face Victor sat on the bed besides me and pulled my face into his chest.
"Don't look and I promise you won't even feel it. " He said.
Well let me tell you that he lied.
I did feel the different needles pricking me but to my shock it didn't hurt that bad. The doctor was being extra gentle but I don't think that has anything to do with Victor glaring at her from above my head.
Right.
When it was over I looked up and found Victor smiling at me.
"You did good 𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘬𝘢. "He said.
" What does that mean? " I asked.
"What does what mean? " Victor asked.
"Ma-lishka? "
He laughed at my attempt to pronounce the word.
"Nothing". He said. I got irritated.
He laughed even more at that.
" You look so cute when you pout. "

"I... Was not pouting. " I denied.
When he caught his breath he got up and said. " Let's go. "
"Where are we going? " I asked.
"Shopping." He said. The staff will be washing all your clothes. We don't know if that white stuff was only on that one shirt. Meanwhile let's get you some new clothes you can change into. "
I nodded.
" We will pick up the results on our way back."

Oh ok. Wait.... Results. Shit!!