A team

Third person pov

Monday morning both girls were a bit nervous. It was their first day of school. Rose was worried because she thought she will be alone and bullied here too. Mia just didn't like leaving her friends at her old school. She never liked changes but when she saw the huge building she immediately changed her mind. This is the type of school where really rich kids come she thought.
Ilya lead them to an office. "Hello miss Tyler I am here for Rose and Mia Bykov's schedule. "
The lady handed him their schedule. Mia seeng their schedule was annoyed. They had three classes together. First period third period and last period.

Rose schedule

Ap English
Chemistry
Biology
Lunch
Physics
Maths
Gym

Mia schedule

Ap English
History
Biology
Lunch
Arts
Psychology
Gym

(A/N : They were asked to choose subjects by their dad before weekend. Since Rose wanted to be a doctor she knew what to choose. Mia always was a bit artistic. She is smart but can't bother to study so she just choose anything other than math chemistry and phisics. She liked History but psychology is going to surprise her. She is taking this subject for the first time. Ap English and gym are compulsory.)

Ilya walked them to their first class and left for his. Unfortunately only two seats were empty both side by side. They sat down and tried to ignore each other.
Soon the teacher entered providing a distraction. He started taking attendance and looked up from the register seeing two new roll numbers.
"Please introduce yourself. " He said.
"Rose Bykov. "
Mia Bykov. ''
They said.
"Ah the new Bykov twins. "
Suddenly there were whispering noises all around them.
"Silence."
The teacher said and started teaching.
They both ignored each other for the entire period. When the bell rang Mia got up and left as fast as she possibly could. She couldn't stand to be so close to Rose she thought she didn't deserve to sit beside Mia. She was beneath her.
Rose just felt relief. She didn't want to be close to Mia in case she said something vile.
They both prayed to God that they don't have to sit besides each other for the rest of the classes they share.
The God answered there prayers till last period.
Gym!
Well technically they won't be sitting but being on the same team in badminton wasn't on there to do list of the day.
"Bykovs take your positions why are you both standing there like that!"
The teacher yelled. They took positions.
Mia loved challenges. Once she scored highest in a chemistry test to win a bet and she did it without cheating. She is smart but just doesn't like to study. She would just pass with average marks without studying a bit. She didn't care about badminton either but she saw the other team members smirking.
"This one's going to be easy. " One of them sneered at them. Her blood boiled. Now she wanted to win at any cost.
She turned to Rose and said "don't you dare come in my way, just stay in your spot and don't move an inch. I don't want your disgusting self to come between me and my victory. "
Rose was scared and didn't want to anger her. She nodded her head.
The teacher whistled.
Mia played impressively. But she soon got tired. Whenever the shuttle went on Rose's side the other team scored. The teacher yelled at her but she didn't dare move. She could handel the yelling but not an angry Mia. All these years Mia hadn't physically hurt her but now when there mom and stepfather are not here she was most afraid of her. It was a game of one against two. The other team realised that Rose is not going to move so they aimed more and more her way. She tried to get the shuttle from her spot but failed.
At this rate they were going to loose. Mia couldn't handle the thought. She asked for a break and went to Rose. Rose got scared looking at her expression. "Listen here if I loose I am going to make your life a living hell. I am not going to be the laughing stock of the school on my first day. That's your job. '' Mia said.
" B-but you said not t-to move. " Rose stammered.
''Not literally you Idiot! Look around everyone is laughing at us. "Mia hissed.
She was loosing her patiens. She sighed " Look if you help me win this I then I will leave you alone as long as you don't interfere with my life. You can be your pathetic introverted self and I will leave you alone. Do we have a deal. "
Rose liked that Idea. This way they could both ignore each other. She nodded. Now she too wanted to win. She knew they could still win.
Unlike Mia she was a hardworker. She always studied hard and excelled at sports. Soon the game started again. This time the other team totally focussed on Rose but they didn't even imagined the way she played. It was like they were playing against a professional. The break and this gave Mia some time to recover. She wasn't that tired anymore. And when the other team realised that it was already too late. They both played amazingly. In the end they won and Mia gave a loud hoot grinning.
She hadn't thought Rose could play like that. Surely she had come home with many trophies but her mom threw them all away. Mia had never seen her play before. They wouldn't go to any of her games in whatever sports she participated in. Her mom always came to all Mia's games. She didn't compete often but she still made time, not for Rose though. So Mia had never seen Rose like this she was surprised. She came towards her grinning.
Rose tensed up.
"Dude that was amazing. Look at there faces. " Mia said and she relaxed.
But Mia's smile was gone as soon as it came. She stood there awkwardly.
"So you can play huh. " She said.
"Umm yeh a l- little bit." Rose replied.
Mia nodded. "Now don't need to get too happy you are still pathetic and try to stay far away from me." Mia said.
Rose nodded dropping her head.
"Well it was ummm a little bit nice playing besides you, just a little bit. Remind me to not play against you ever not that you could beat me you will always be a loser but just this one time you are a winner cause you were on my team remember that. "
Now Mia was just rambling. Never in her life she had faced a situation in which she was thankful to Rose. She could not say thak you. She just couldn't.
Rose caught her act and said "umm it's ok, you don't have to say it. Just-just please remember our deal. Leave me alone. I won't come in your way ever.
Mia nodded and left.

A/N
Wow long chapter. Please don't be a ghost reader. Leave comments.
Love- author.