Antonio

*click

I wait for the sound of cries. Nothing. Alina is completely unbothered.
It's either she's very strong or she has a high pain tolerance because of those asshole brothers of hers.

It sucks that it was her so called "brothers" because she has five now with five more in Italy. But she hasn't mentioned any bad experiences with a mother or father yet soooooo that's great for me and Bianca.

*click

"All done sweetheart!" Evelyn says.

I look around the room and it seems everyone is pretty impressed with Allie. But I know that they are also thinking what I am.

After saying our goodbyes with promises of dinners, we finally leave to head home. I do not want to see 5th Avenue or a mall for a long time. I know I'll be back very soon though, Christmas is coming up.

"Thank you so much for today honey!" Bianca says with a quick kiss on the lips.

Ews and yucks go around the car. "Oh grow up. Not you baby," she says looking back at Allie in her car seat. "Never grow up." Allie nods and says thank you as well.

"You are very lucky I make more than this in a day my love." I quietly say to Bianca.

"Oh trust me, I'm very thankful. I'll show you tonight with-"

"Ah fuck! Mom we're right here!"

"DAMIEN ANDREA MICHAEL CARLO LOMBARDI! WATCH YOUR M-"

Cries begin to fill the car. Shit.

Alina starts sobbing. I scared her with my yell. I don't even want to imagine what memories that brought up.
The boys begin comforting her with sweet nothings and hugs and kisses. Alessandro took her out of her seat and holds her tightly in his arms.

Bianca looks livid. She quietly says to me,

"One, I meant dinner. Don't get your hopes up, I'm due. And control yourself! You and I both know what that must have reminded her of. We just brought her home and she's already made a place for herself in our hearts. Don't fuck it up. And if you didn't just buy me all this stuff you'd be on the couch tonight."

The car becomes quiet again, my baby's cries finally stopped and she fell asleep. Her head is on Alessandro's shoulder. Her mouth is slightly open and he doesn't seem to mind the drool coming out. He mouths, get a picture, get a picture!
Luca takes his phone out and within a minute it's Alessandro's home and lock screen.

"When is the rest of the family meeting her Dad?" Roman asks.

"Christmas. We're hosting them over break this year anyway."

"Just wondering, do we have to go back to school tomorrow?"

"Yes, Damien. You, Domenico, Roman and Luca all have to go to school. Why wouldn't you?"

"Because we want to spend time with Alina," Domenico replies.

"She'll be here when you get back, I promise."

"You're just saying that because you get to stay home with her all day Alessandro." Roman snaps back.

"I won't deny that."

The car pulls into our private garage and we make our way to the elevator as the staff retrieves the many bags from the trunk.

"I think today was pretty successful," Bianca says with a happy grin.

"I like my sparkles." A little voice says.

"Well good morning sleeping beauty," Alessandro says, making Allie giggle.

She looks at me and holds out her arms.

"Daddy, come." I walk over and go to take her from Alessandro. "No daddy. I wanna stay with Sandy."

She motions for me to come closer and I bend down to meet her eyes. She takes her pointer fingers and places them at the corners of my mouth,
"Turn your frown upside down!" And I smile brightly. I think I've smiled more in the last day or so than I have in a long time.

"Mommy, Daddy, I have a question."

"Yes, princess?"

"When do I start school?"

"You want to go to school?" Roman asks. She nods excitingly.

"Yes! I love learning. This old man would always come to my room and teach me stuff. He never hit me so I liked my time with him a lot!"

She had a tutor come to her?

If she had a private tutor, her family must've had money. Why waste that on a child they clearly didn't care about though? That also must explain her intelligence.

"We'll enroll you in the best preschool in the city sweetie. You can start after Christmas." Bianca says.

"Yay!"

A maid walks into the room,
"Mrs. Lombardi, would you like to cook tonight or should I tell the chef to prepare for supper?"

"I think we'll eat out tonight Adeline. Take the rest of the evening off and we'll see you tomorrow morning. You can tell the rest of the staff that they can go home as well." She bows her head a bit to Bianca and walks off.

"Where are you thinking of going? I'm starving." Damien says.

"It's Sunday, should we just do our place?" Roman suggests.

"Sure let's do it," Bianca says.

"I'll call them now," I say.

Later...

My boys and I are waiting for the girls in the lounge.

"What's taking them so long?" Roman whines.

"Dude. Do you not remember how much Ma got Allie today? I wouldn't be surprised if she takes another fifteen minutes." Domenico replies.

We hear the sounds of heels and tiny feet running toward us. Allie comes running around the corner and jumps straight into Luca's lap.

Lucky bastard.

"Lulu look, look! I'm wearing the dress you picked out! Do you like it?"

"You look beautiful Allie!"

Allie's dress is a blush pink that goes perfectly with her new earrings. She also has on the matching bracelet and silver ballet flats. Her long hair is a loose braid with a matching blush pink ribbon at the end.

I pick her up and we head toward the elevator.
"Daddy?"

"Yes, princess?"

"I just remembered something."

"What is it, Allie?" Alessandro asks.

"Something from my old house. It's weird, it just came to me all of a sudden." We stop in our tracks.

"Darling, what is it? And anything you can tell us is a good thing."
By 'good thing' I mean another step closer to killing your asshole brothers.

"A name: Igor."

Russian.