The Messenger

I open my balcony door when I see one of my men standing there with a letter. The cold Russian air blows in quick and then he's gone.

I read the letter and sigh. I miss her so much. She shouldn't have ended up there. Why couldn't I have fought for her? Why must I be so weak?

Crumbling up the letter and throwing it into the flames burning bright in the fireplace, I look at the photo I got framed of us. I can stare at it for hours, lost in thought of what could've been.

I know that Alina is happy. I know that she's safe. I know that she is loved. But she belongs here. She belongs here with me, with us.

I look at another photo on my desk. I'm so young in it, and the most beautiful girl is in my arms. Her flowing blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes never ceased to enchant me. Her smile could brighten even the darkest of days. I miss her even more. When 'my father' took her from me, I wanted to die. I almost did the job myself, but then I found out the truth and vowed to save her. I was too late. Too late for both of them.

I've been stuck with a feeling in my heart ever since. I'm gonna kill that man and take it all, mark my words.

Her death left me broken. I changed. Those closest to me were affected by her as well. She brought light to our dark world but it was put out.

Now, it's just a matter of getting to him before she arrives. I'm not letting him ruin the last thing my love left on this earth.

You just can't fail.

You can't be weak.

Be strong for her, for them.

I will.

————

For those who managed to read 'the hint', congrats cause I forgot to mention that it would only be up for an hour.

For the rest of you, keep on guessing. It's so fun to read them.

Byeeeeeee