Nikolai

I never wanted the child here in the first place. I got rid of her for a reason.
Besides the fact that she's a girl, the Lombardis embedded their own values in her. I know it is going to be such a bother to deal with that.

It's been generations since a girl was born with my family's blood, and it should've stayed like that.

The only reason I acted how I did the night she was born is the fact that I own her and someone took my property. Plain and simple. I couldn't have my bloodline running rampant in the world. If she would live, it would be locked behind Ivanov walls.

Now, her only use is to make the Lombardis suffer. I'll play the part of her "loving father" in front of the camera, nothing more. She'll be "my princess" or whatever the fuck Antonio decided to call my daughter.

By the time the Lombardi empire falls to its knees, she'll be old enough to marry, so what's the point of using her for anything else? Why would I put any effort to appease her in any way if she's getting shipped off to a husband in a few years?

My sons are becoming fools because of the brat. Whatever the girl did in the States, changed them.
I'm obsessed with the idea of causing the Lombardis pain, bringing them to their knees while my sons are obsessed with the idea of her beyond what she can do for me.

They've prepared absolutely everything for her here. They say that if she's happy, she'll be more obedient and it will be easier to "brainwash" her.
She could stay in my basement for all I care, but they insisted on giving her a whole fucking tower.
My estate is old as passed down from Pakhan to Pakhan through the years. We've kept the majority of the original house, the tower being part of it. It's so out of the way from everything, not even the staff use it as a storage space. My sons thought the space was perfect and redid everything. I'm by no means out of shape, but I really don't have the energy to walk all the way there just to see her.

They even commissioned a whole family portrait to "remind her of her roots". It's the most fucking ridiculous thing I've ever heard and I have to walk past that stupid thing practically everyday.
I thought their opinion of her would change when I told them that they were only half siblings. They just said that they didn't care and had a hunch since the start.

She arrived in Russia a few weeks ago, I don't know nor do I really care. I played my part the day she came and I haven't seen her since. I told my sons to make up some excuse for my absence.

I feel as if I'm losing my power over them. I need something to hold over their heads to keep them in line. I don't any sort of extended family to threaten to pass my throne to instead of them and they know I'd ever give it to someone without Ivanov blood. They're also both very wealthy on their own so cutting them off won't do shit.

I know just who to call for something like this.

"Stefano, my friend, how are you."

"You better have a good reason for calling me Nikolai. The Lombardis are up my ass about your kidnapping."

"Yeah, yeah. Speaking of which, I need something from you."

"And what might that be? I'm a busy man Nikolai."

"My sons are all over the girl. I'm losing my grip over them. I'm running out of things to hold over their heads. I can't use the kid or else they'll send me to an early grave."

He thinks for a moment.

"The girl. Use the girl."

"Are you deaf? I just said that's out of the question."

"Not if you treat her well. Be her father, a good one Nikolai, and it won't happen. Slowly take her from them. They'll lose their hold over her and she'll give it to you. Once you have her trust, take her somewhere far and use her location against them."

"Why do I have to treat her well? Can't I just take her? I'm not for your family's, well, how I do I say it? Style? I won't waste anything on something so primitive."

"If she likes you, she'll corporate. It'll be easier to separate her from your sons. Take her on a trip, it won't be out of the ordinary for you to do so if you become close. And it'll take longer for them to realize something is up. Mess this one up and you won't be in a position you'll like."

"Is that a threat?"

"It's a promise. Don't fuck with her if they're like this in the early stages. It'll become something much worse for you."

"How long will it take? The Lombardis already know it's us. My incompetent sons didn't finish that whore Bianca off like they should've."

"If you start soon, shouldn't be more than a month. She's a sensitive young girl at the moment. She'll cling onto any source of comfort."

"I see."

"Anything else?"

"No. That'll be all."

He hangs up the phone.

What a load of bull shit.

Does he really think I'd do that to my bastard daughter? I have a takeover to plan, I don't have time nor motivation to have tea parties with a toddler.

If it's her location that'll keep my sons on my leash, then I know just what to do.
I'll threaten to arrange a marriage and ship her off unless they do as they're told.
Deals like these are nothing insignificant. Once made, it can be very difficult to break it off especially if the other party is set on it. Making a marriage deal is making an alliance. Break the alliance and there will be blood spilled. Doing the process with their knowledge and disregard of their opinions should keep them under control for the time being.