Alessandro

"How long has it been?" I ask, throwing another shot back.

"87 days, 18 hours, 27 minutes," Alonzo replies.

"She'll be five in a few weeks," Gio curses and throws his shot glass at the wall.

"The meeting with Igor was useless. Mother fucker didn't know a thing," I say

"He'll be back in Russian soon—"

My phone ringing interrupts Alonzo mid-sentence. It's my mother.

"Alessandro."

She's crying.

I look up at my cousins who share a look of concern and fear in their eyes which I'm sure match my own.

I brace myself for the worst as I turn it to speaker phone.

Is she dead?

"What's wrong Ma? It's late you should be asleep."

Is my baby sister gone?

"R-Roman found her. We s-saw her Alessandro. She's al-alright," she cries.

I didn't realize I was crying myself until a tear drop fell on the screen soon followed by many more.

She's alright.

Within the hour we were on a jet back to the States.

Upon arrival at the house, we don't even bother to park our bikes. I practically jump off the motorcycle, letting it fall to the ground, before running for the doors. The three of us rush through the hall and into the lounge where we knew everyone would be waiting.

My red, puffy-eyed mother was the first to get to me. She ran straight into my arms, fresh tears rolling down her cheeks.
It's been a long time since I've been home. I've stayed away from this place because I can't stand to be with the family without my baby sister here, it's too painful. It's too much of a reminder that's she gone, but not for long.

I open my mouth to comfort her before I hear the voice I've missed the most, Alina's.

For a moment I thought she'd come running around the corner laughing her head off and jump into my arms, just like she used to. But unfortunately that's only a fantasy, but soon a reality.

I look at the screen and see her toddling into a gambol towards a crouching Anastasia with outstretched arms.

She's laughing. Laughing!

"Я делаю это, Анна!" She says through her fit of giggles.
*I'm doing it, Anna!

I just stand there staring at the screen until I feel a firm hand on my shoulder, waking me from my trance.

"We're going to bring her back."

I tear my eyes away from my sister's face to look at my grandfather.

I'm going to bring you home.

———

It feels like only yesterday that we were planning the raid that brought our sister to us. I remember feeling like a man then, a leader. The version of me from all those months ago, I realize was just a boy compared to now.
In these months Alina has been gone, I've felt more pain than I ever have before. I've seen parts of the world I can never unsee desperately trying to find answers. It's crazy what loss can do to someone; what loss can drive someone to do.

When Alina was first taken, we expected to receive demands from the Russians for her release or some word about her in enemy circles. But there was nothing, it was as if she never existed. We would do anything to get her back, but the Bratva only ever sent us photos and videos to taunt us. She wasn't offered to any other crime syndicate through a marriage alliance.

The planning for this mission never stops even outside meetings. It's all my mind can think about. I have the layout of the compound memorized to perfection. I arrange the position of my men like pieces on a chess board day and night, thinking of every possible scenario.

The hundred-acre compound consists of four large buildings: the prison, the barracks as well as training facilities, the main house, and the residential building. All of which is surrounded by a large stone wall. The entire property has only one entrance and one exit, an iron gate. From the outside, it looks like an extremely wealthy family lives there and any aerial view shows four normal mansions.
The first building is the main house where most of the activity takes place. Flanking its sides are the prison and the barracks. Behind the main house is the residential building where Alina is being kept.

Stefano and his sons already know the place very well. My cousins trained with the Russians for long periods of time as "honored guests" and will be able to guide us.

Anastasia basically told us that it's useless coming to her so we're going to have to figure out how she's going to get Alina to us.
The room is guarded by two antechambers in the old wing of the residential house, every step of the way is monitored by cameras and sensors cover the place. The slightest unregulated movement will trigger the alarm and those Ivanov pricks will come running.

The biggest concern is a network of secret passages under the house. There are hidden entrances to the system around the old building that have been abandoned since the new part was built. Only the Ivanovs can navigate it so if they get Alina in there, chances of her rescue are slim. We have no idea where the exit is either so we can't wait for them.

The plan is Roman and Matteo will stay outside the wall, much to their dismay but when Emilia Lombardi tells you "stai lontano cazzo" you stay fucking away.
Matteo's actually very talented behind the wheel for a fifteen-year-old. I'm confident he will be able to get him and Roman out quickly if need be.
Roman will keep an eye out from the sky just like before. He will have eyes all over the place including the roads in case the Ivanovs manage to escape.

Stefano's stealth fighters will take care of the wall and any guards on watch. Once we get the all clear, we move in. Luca will remain there, sniping any reinforcements with his unit and keeping an eye out.

The majority of the soldiers will be in the barracks when we attack as it will be late at night. The majority of our men will be stationed there, keeping the soldiers away from the fight. Using their prior knowledge of the place, the Sicilian twins will lead the charge accompanied by my Uncle Francesco and Gio.

Nico, Damien, and Dante will start off the night with a prison break. The men at the barracks won't be able to be sent as reinforcements so any soldiers at the other buildings will be the only option. Any prisoners with a fight left in them will give the Bratva hell.

Once the attention is on the prison, we'll move in on the house. The main house has no real value in relation to our mission so none of us will fight there. It will be the safe zone for any staff to run to but we have units keeping an eye on the building.

The rest of us will go to the residential house.

Alonzo and I will take care of Alexei and Dmitri.
Andreas gained his reputation underground after a rescue mission, so it's our job to get Alina to him so he can escape with her while we fight the Ivanov bastards off.
Angelo and Lorenzo will cover him.

Stefano and my father will be gunning for Nikolai. No one deserves to take his life more than those two.

There are so many areas for this to go wrong. I don't know when we're going to get this chance again. If we ever get the chance again.

We cannot fail.

I don't know what I'd do with myself if we did.

In three days time, I'm going to have my baby sister with me again.

I have to.