Dmitri

Ever since Alexei gave me the assignment of finding the Lombardi girl, it's all I can think about. It's all I want to think about.

It'll be amazing to have her in our cells. Not only will Canada be open for the taking, the most powerful family in the world will be on their knees, but most of all, Alexei will see I'm not weak. Then, then I'll kill her. And I'll do it in front of her family's eyes.

It's been rather difficult to get to the girl. Security is stronger than ever before whenever she's in public and I'm not risking a kidnapping from their penthouse. Plus the Lombardis control every inch of New York City and even with our resources, we'd never make it out even if we did manage to get her.

I've been so focused on security, I've completely overlooked the press. The family hosted a party for the girl.

The party was the day of my sister's birthday, that definitely doesn't help with not thinking about her. 

The first article I found was titled:
The Princess of New York Has Made Her Debut

Practically all of high society attended including some of their allied mafias.

The article wasn't very helpful as it only gave me information on who attended. The only thing useful was the girl's face.

Her face is, odd to me. She seems familiar in a way. She has blue eyes, like Alina did. Only this girl has the brightest eyes while my sister's were dull and lifeless. My sister was also very pale from the lack of sun exposure, while this girl isn't. She also has the biggest smile across her face; I'm not even sure Alina knew how to do that.

I see something around the girl's neck and zoom in. It's a locket, and in the center, 'A'. Her name must begin with an A. Alina's did too.

I realize I've been staring at the photo and snap out of it.

I continue to go through every post I can find on the event in an attempt to get anything on her, but nothing yet. I need a drink.

I have a cart in my office, but whisky is out. I don't want to see a maid right now, or anyone really. I close my computer and start to make my way to the the lounge. And who's there when I walk in? Alexei. Great.

"Brother."

"Brother." He replies with a nod.

I make my way over to the cart and pour myself a drink.

"How's your research going?"

"Good." I say, not really in the mood to talk.

"Dmitri, don't bull shit me. Listen, I know I'm tough of you but you're my right hand man and I need you on my side. We need to be on good terms with each other if we want to win. Now get over yourself and."

"The Lombardi girl has a shocking resemblance to our dear sister."

"Show me."

I hand him my phone with a picture from one of the articles. 

"Well, would you look at this. Name?"

"I haven't been able to find it yet. It hasn't been released yet."

"Hmm."

"From the A on her locket, I'd assume it starts with an A. Quite the coincidence, do you think?"

"Yes, yes it is."