Isaac

I walk out of the bar having just poisoned another assassin's drink and killed another downtown a few hours before.

Another successful day. I think to myself.

My phone rings and I groan seeing the caller ID.

"What is it? I'm busy." I say, picking up the phone.

"You better watch your tone with me young man."

"I apologize, sir."

I hate saying 'sir'.

"I want an update."

And I want a raise.

"I got two more today."

"Good. How's Alessandro?"

"He's satisfied. Oblivious, but satisfied."

"Keep it that way. Expect a call in a few days. I have someone to deal with."

"Do you need my help?"

"I can handle it. I just have to throw him off. Just stick to your mission."

And the call ends.

"What did he say?"

I turn to face the man himself, Alessandro leans against the ally wall with his signature smirk.

"Just wanted an update."

"I hope you know that I'm not oblivious to what's really going on here."

Sure you are.

"No shit. How else could I get you to trust me?"

"True."

"Have you found anything on those two yet?"

For the past week or so, these two masked people have been doing our job and killing off assassins who are after Alina. We haven't been able to locate them yet and it's getting really fucking annoying.

"I think I have a lead." He says.

"Which is..." I motion for him to continue.

"I saw some bikes that looked very familiar to theirs. I asked around the neighborhood and they are believed to just be some delinquents who drink and fuck around in the abandoned apartments."

"So we're either gonna find some high teenagers or our assassins?"

"Pretty much."

"Should we go now or tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow. They are usually seen around the time schools end."

"So high teens or assassins? Nice."

The next day...

Alessandro and I are waiting in an ally across from the building, waiting for our masked men to show up.

"You think they're gonna show?" I ask.

"Positive. The neighbors said they do practically everyday."

"I'm tired of waiting. The Russians send more people everyday. More people to harm Alina. These asshats are getting in my way. Let's just go now and blow the place up."

"Calm down Isaac. Your anger issues will not get us anywhere. Don't forget I'm the one that controls our deal, you better shape up or you won't like what happens."

"As if you could do anything."

"Oh, I can do a lot Isaac. Do not underestimate me, it won't end well for you."