Antonio

It's my baby's first Christmas! Allie picked out our tree which is absolutely massive and we had a blast decorating it. Allie wanted to make ornaments with her brothers and cousins so now we 11 new ornaments on our tree. I'm pretty sure we're going to make that a tradition from now on.

I don't think we've had this much fun around Christmas time in years. From gingerbread house contests to the boys helping Allie write her letter to Santa. Lorenzo almost let it slip that he wasn't real and Luca put a present under the tree early. Thank god we caught it before Allie saw. I accidentally put a present under the tree "before Santa delivered them" and that's how Roman discovered he wasn't real. I think that explains a lot about him.

Allie helped her Nonna, aunty and mother in the kitchen. She was so proud of her cookies for Santa and was very protective of them as well when I tried to take one.

While shopping, the girls got us all matching pajama sets. Allie has been so excited to wear them since they bought them.
Ma and Mariana had to go back the next day to get everything that caught Allie's eye.

As soon as Allie went to bed, it was go time. We had a lot of gifts. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. There's 17 of us total which includes the most perfect girl in the world who deserves absolutely everything, aka the one and only Alina Lombardi. Plus we're kind of all billionaires soooooo.

We took shifts watching her room while the rest set up everything for the morning. The ladies made us rearrange things so many times; it was actually painful. First by person, then by wrapping paper, then by size. It was torture. Finally we were able to go to bed and we all looked forward to seeing our princess's beautiful smile nonstop in the morning.

"Daaaaaddyyyyy." A little voice says. "Daddy wake upppppp." She's so cute. "Mommy, do it." Wait, what?

I'm hit with a pillow and Allie jumps on me.

"Daddy it's Christmas! Santa came! There's so many presents! Come on come on!" She says bouncing on the bed, and on me.

It looks like she's been up for a bit as her hair has been neatly put into 2 braids with ribbons at the end. And she looks so cute in her pajamas.

"I'm coming, I'm coming."

I follow my bouncing girl to the living room where everyone is getting situated.

"Ah, Sleeping Beauty awakes."

"Shut up Francesco."

"That's not nice Daddy."

"Sorry princess."

"Who's ready for presents?"

"Me Nonna! Me! Me!"

It warms my heart that her past hasn't affected her spirit. She's such a bright and happy child and we're all so lucky to have her.

After about an hour of opening presents and taking photos, we're finally relaxing—well most of us.

Luca decided it'd be smart to get Allie a go-cart and for the last 20 minutes she's been speeding around the first floor and balcony. I'm surprised nothing has been broken yet, bones included.

Currently, I'm in the lounge with my parents, brother, Mariana and Bianca.

"Have you decided when Alina is starting school?" My father asks.

"We're waiting until September. But we're speaking with the school about placement. She'll be ahead of the other kindergarteners by a lot."

"Any extracurricular activities?" Mariana asks.

"We saw the nutcracker and she's been interested in ballet since." Bianca replies. "I also want to get her into horseback riding."

"And skiing when we're at the Aspen house." I add.

"Has she interacted with any kids her age yet? Or any kids at all?" My mother asks. 

"No. I mean, I know she needs to learn social skills but I've just been so worried about letting her around anyone that isn't us." I reply.

"What about the Astor's? We trust them with our lives." Dad says.

"We actually recently saw Evelyn and Robert." Bianca says.

"Liliana is a lot older than Allie. I don't think that'd do much. She's 13 right?"

"I'm not talking about Lily. I'm talking about Grayson."

"No. Allie is not hanging out with boys."

"Antonio, she's 4." Bianca says

"And he's a boy. Plus he's older."

"Only by 2 years. And he'll be in second grade with Allie. Arrange a play date for them." Mom replies.

"Grayson can be like a big brother to her."

"She already has 10 of them, Francesco."

"But will they be with her in school?"

"Well, no. But-"

"Exactly."

"Fine. But if that boy gets any ideas about my baby."

"He's 6 years old Antonio, relax. He probably thinks girls have cooties or whatever." Mariana says.

"I'll arrange something. I've been meaning to reach out to Evelyn anyway." Mom says.

"It's fine Emilia. I'm meeting up with Diana for lunch tomorrow.

"Tell her t-"

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!" Allie.

We rush out of the lounge and down the stairs. 

I see Allie on the floor of the patio clutching her knee. It's bleeding and her hand is too. She crying and her go cart is on its upside down with a dent. All the boys are around her trying to comfort her.

"What happened!?" I say pushing through.

"She was going really fast and the cart tipped. She caught herself but her knee and hand got all banged up on the concrete." Alessandro says.

"And the dent?"

"Lorenzo kicked it cause it hurt Allie." Roman says.

Gio comes rushing past us with a first aid kit and gets on one knee.

"Baby, this is going to sting a little. Are you ready to be a brave girl?"

"Yeah." She sniffles and wipes her nose.

He pulls out the alcohol, Oh crap, and pours it on her knee. Her lip starts to quiver and her eyes well up again.

"It stings!" She cries.

"I know princess, I know. You're doing so well." Gio says and blows on it. He cleans her hand next and puts bandages on it and her knee.
"All done princess. You did so good." He holds up his hands for a high five and she jump for his hands with a laugh.

I walk up to Luca
"Hurt my daughter again and I throw your PS5 off the roof."

"Wha- dad it wasn't me!"

"You got her the cart."

"Shut up Dante."

"Language!" Allie says. We all laugh at our beautiful girl.