3 - demetri.

—Bella throws herself out of the stolen Porsche, running in the direction Alice told her Edward would be in

Bella throws herself out of the stolen Porsche, running in the direction Alice told her Edward would be in.

My clumsy sister pushes through the sea of red, running faster than I have ever seen her move. She disappears into the crowd after a few short seconds.

"Ellie, I rented you a hotel room, you wait there until I come to get you. It's under my name." Alice tells me as she drives the car forward, nearly pummeling into a group of people.

"And where will you be?" I ask. I know where she'll be, but she can't know that I'm aware of everything, for I will likely become a creepy crawly.

Alice purses her lips and the car comes to a sudden stop. "You don't need to worry about that, okay?" She turns to look at me in the cramped backseat. "The room is already payed for, but," she holds out a wad of cash, "this is for food if you need it."

I grab the money and smile lightly at Alice. Since my accidental discoveries, I've felt a bit wary of the Cullen woman, but I try not to let it show, because it'll only bring questions and I'm not the best at lying.

"Thanks." I say, shoving the money into my hoodie pocket.

"You should get out here." I sense a bit of urgency in Alice's tone. "The hotel is over that way." She points her manicured finger towards a cluster of sandy buildings.

I nod quickly and push into the front seat. I give Alice a small wave and step out into the warm, dense air. I slam the door shut behind me, then Alice speeds off, leaving me to stand alone in a swarm of people wearing their blood red capes.

I begin my walk towards the hotel, I squeeze past everybody with murmured excuse mes and sorrys.

After I push past the last group of people, I emerge onto a cobblestone sidewalk, buildings line the way and I can smell freshly baked bread and hear music emitting from a nearby bar.

I stare up, trying to read the signs, they're mostly all in Italian, but I can see the word HOTEL displayed a few buildings down from me.

I keep a slow pace as I walk towards it, because I want to stare into the windows of the cute little shops, I'd honestly love to step into one and shop until my legs give out—but, jet lag has hit me like a train and I crave the sweet release of sinking into a mattress and falling asleep.

I enter into the hotel, and as I push the door open, a little bell dings above the door, alerting the woman at the desk.

She stands up and smiles joyfully at me. "Ciao! Come posso aiutarti?"