14, class.

——

——

ELLIE stirs awake, a hazy glow shining behind her eyelids.

She turns over and huddles into something cold but nice. Its arms wrap around her tightly. She feels tired again, on the verge of falling asleep.

"Ellie, it's 9:30 am." He whispers to her, slightly pulling her out of her slumber. "You said class started at 10:30."

Ellie grumbles, and even though she doesn't want to wake up, she knows she has to. It takes her a few minutes to sit up, but when she does, Demetri can't help but chuckle at her appearance; her hair stands up all over the place and her pajamas are crooked.

Ellie turns her head and glares tiredly at him. "Whats so funny?" Her voice is thick with sleep.

Demetri tries to flatten his smile out, but it keeps coming back the more he looks at her. "Nothing." He says, but his voice sounds like he wants to laugh.

Ellie glares at him for a moment before crawling out of his arms and out of her bed, ignoring Demetris protests.

She stretches her arms over her head and the sound of her crackling joints fills the quiet space.

"Would you like me to come with you?" Demetri asks, he watches Ellie stumble about her room, searching for her things to get ready.

"To class?" She asks, grabbing her towel.

"Yes— Well, not to class, I will wait outside. But I could accompany you on the way there." Demetri suggests. "And perhaps we could go out to lunch when you're done?" He had thought, or planned, about what he could do with Ellie as she slept, he wants to get to know her even more and he figured this could be a good way to do so.

Hes never really had to get to know anyone before, so this excites him. He can now understand why humans are so obsessive over dates.

He'll just have to pretend to eat while she sits across from him, but he doesn't presume that will be too difficult.

She nods, not looking at him. "Sounds good. I'm gonna take a shower, you'll be fine here, right?" She asks, now glancing over her shoulder at him in her bed.

He nods and smiles. "I will be fine."

Ellie hurries into her bathroom after that, and when she sees herself in the mirror, she understands why Demetri had laughed — she looks like a homeless man who just wrestled a stray cat for food.

She brushes her teeth and then starts the shower, as she waits for the water to heat up, she strips out of her clothes. By the time shes done, so is the water.