24, tests.

ELLIES POV.

——

THE baby, or whatever you wish to refer to it as, I prefer creature, has already begun to drain Bellas heath.

They got home only two days ago, and her cheekbones are now so much more defined, hallowed almost, her fingers have grown bony, as have her collarbones, making it seem as if her skin is but a thin veil atop her bones.

I've stayed by her side, protecting her when Edward wanted to put her to sleep and then remove the creature, because what the hell? My respect for Edward quickly fell multiple pegs after that.

But I do share the fear of losing Bella with him, its really the only thing we have in common.

Rosalie has stuck by Bellas side too, very protective but also excited for the baby, which I am not — because I know with it, Bellas life will go, and I'm not sure she will be turned in time, neither is Carlisle, because her heart will likely weaken considerably in the next few weeks, and who knows if it will have the strength to make it through, or even to, the transformation?

Two days ago, right after Rosalie and I talked with Bella, Carlisle began the tests. First he took blood, and is still taking some everyday, some pee, and then he attempted to get a look at the baby, and he couldn't see anything, the tests showed nothing besides the fact that her levels are deteriorating. He wants to do a biopsy today.

Bella has tried to eat, but can't keep anything down, even water, so Carlisle gave her an IV, but it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference.

Her bump has grown too, getting much larger at an exceptional rate, looking three months pregnant already.

Alice still cannot see her future, which has stressed the poor woman out; shes always trying to find Bellas future but ends up empty handed each time, it's driving her crazy, her own words.

So, with really no clue about this thing inside of Bella, Carlisle has begun to research when hes not looking over Bellas results and scans. Which is what he does now, flipping through the pages of a very old book with a pile still next to him, I watch him from next to a sleeping Bella — she sleeps all the time now, only waking up for a few hours to throw up, defend her decision to Edward (who currently stands near her, silently gazing out of the window), have her blood drawn, and attempt to eat.

I rise from the couch and materialize next to him, grabbing one of the books from his pile. He turns to look up at me. "Thought I'd help you research." I say, sitting back next to Bellas feet. "Plus, it gives me something to do." Other than worrying over Bella, I don't really do anything throughout the day, just waiting until she needs me like a statue. I know that if I was a human still, I would be bored, but honestly, the two days have felt like two minutes with how far away my mind is sometimes.