23, newlyweds.

——"I think I'm pregnant

——
"I think I'm pregnant." Bella tells Carlisle, her voice ringing through every vampires ears.

Ellie stops dead in her tracks, turning her whole body towards Carlisle, who stands with a phone held up to his ear in utter silence. Alice stands next to him, trying to see Bellas future but failing.

Edward takes over the phone on the other line, he and Carlisle begin speaking quickly, and Edward can be heard starting to grab things.

Ellie looks at Alice, who now sits on the couch with her eyes squeezed shut and fingers pressed into her temples, Jasper has his arm around her shoulders.

She looks at Rosalie and Emmett, who look completely puzzled. And then to Esme, who has her hand over her mouth in shock.

Ellie tries to listen to Edwards voice, but it's too fast, and she heard the word "death" at one point.

She can't bear the thought of losing her little sister, so she dashes out onto the back porch, and sits herself on one of the chairs that faces the river and mountain range surrounded by tall trees. It's sprinkling, but she doesn't care.

She can hear animals in the forest and birds in the treetops, the rain dripping off of leaves, along with the buzzes of bugs. She can still hear everything inside, but the sound of nature helps her push it to the back of her mind, to not focus on it.

Little drops of rain slip off of her skin and splatter against her shirt, darkening the spots where they land. If the situation inside wasn't currently so mind blowing, Alice would be scolding Ellie for allowing her outfit to be ruined.

Inside, Ellies ears pick up on Carlisle grabbing car keys, and his footsteps traveling towards the door.

"I need supplies from the hospital." He tells his family inside, and Ellie, knowing she can hear him.

"Whats happening? Will Bella be alright?" Esme asks.

"We'll talk when I return." Carlisle says, looking outside once at Ellie before hurriedly going down the stairs to the front door.

He quickly speeds away in his car.

The door to the porch slides open, and then Rosalie sits down next to Ellie, pulling her hood up to shield her hair from the rain falling from the sky.

"Your sister is going to be fine." She assures softly.

Rosalie likes Ellie, and Ellie likes Rosalie, more so now than before, because she can relate to the blonde beauty; they both did not want to become vampires, yet were forcefully created into one, and so they have bonded over it the last few weeks.